Incan Slingers? (Read 763 times)
ThePowersNation
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Colorado, USA
Incan Slingers?
Apr 27th, 2021 at 12:54pm

Hello,

This is more of just a curious question than anything, as I couldn't find what I was looking for with the forum's search function.

I know the Incan Empire was reputed to have some amazing slingers, and during battles against the Conquistadors were reported to be able to break swords and kill horses with them. That said, I don't hear a lot about Inca-style sling construction (other than that they were made of llama wool) or throwing styles, in fact almost nothing at all.

It seems to me that since the Inca were a relatively independently formed Empire they would likely have some unique takes on the sling, as they did with most things they created.

Why is there an apparent dearth of information on this? Am I just not looking in the right spots?

These aren't the posts you're looking for.

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Re: Incan Slingers?
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 1:15pm

The key words you need are "peruvian sling" or "pre-columbian sling" on google. Although that will give you hits from earlier (and later) cultures as well. There is a wealth of very nice slings.

For the forum: Have you set the field "This post was made in the last..." to (all posts)?

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1335391379
https://www.penn.museum/sites/studentresearch/inca-decorative-sling/

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Incan Slingers?
Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2021 at 11:32am

Throwing styles are often lacking the amount of description I would like. We know theres been some amazing slinging cultures and I wish someone had thought to really detail their techniques.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, David Morningstar)