New Hobbies and Goals (Read 2507 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: New Hobbies and Goals
Reply #15 - May 2nd, 2021 at 10:12am

TOMBELAINE wrote on May 2nd, 2021 at 8:57am:
I continue my archeological search.
On topographic maps of my region, I'm looking for places where may be unknown hillforts. Then I go on the spot to see if there are signs of old fortifications. If so, I make a small file that I send to an archeologist.
I discoved  so 3 unknown hillforts.
The necessary qualities are patience ( more than 9 times out of 10, there is nothing) and the "meaning" of the the landscape (after 2 or 4 thousand years, the ruins are really in ruins).
But I like this treasure hunt.  Smiley

Wow that is awesome! I had no idea you did that Tombe!
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2021 at 8:03pm by Morphy »  

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #16 - May 4th, 2021 at 8:23am

Oh yeah talking of video games, I still love Minecraft. I don't care what anyone says, Minecraft is a fantastic game. My latest, most interesting world is entirely desert biome. It adds a little bit of extra challenge as there are literally no trees. Trees don't exist in the world. There are dead bushes for sticks but the only other source of wood is from mine shafts. There are a few other things that are in short supply that just really force you to think about what you want to do. Damn it's fun.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #17 - May 4th, 2021 at 8:28am

Kick wrote on May 4th, 2021 at 8:23am:
Oh yeah talking of video games, I still love Minecraft. I don't care what anyone says, Minecraft is a fantastic game. My latest, most interesting world is entirely desert biome. It adds a little bit of extra challenge as there are literally no trees. Trees don't exist in the world. There are dead bushes for sticks but the only other source of wood is from mine shafts. There are a few other things that are in short supply that just really force you to think about what you want to do. Damn it's fun.

Ive always loved that game. Terraria is another fun one. I wish Minecraft would put more complicated machines in there like gears and what not but you can make some pretty interesting stuff as is. The fully functioning computers in game people have made are pretty amazing. That is a great game. Right now I play it on the Switch occasionally but I’ve been tinkering with it for many years. I always come back to it at some point.

Also the battle mode is an absolute blast lol. My daughter and I used to play that every day and we got pretty damn good at it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar)