Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Solving At Least Most of the Drug Problem (Read 1323 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Solving At Least Most of the Drug Problem
Apr 8th, 2021 at 9:13am

This is certainly not an original idea but if you want to take the teeth out of our illegal drug debacle and save a fortune in the process LETALIZE ALL DRUGS. 
     What? Is Rat Man insane? I don't do drugs of any sort, though that certainly wasn't always the case.  I hate illegal addictive drugs and know of many who have died due to them, young and old alike. 
     First, let's look at what is accomplished by this.  The drug cartels go bankrupt overnight.  People will rarely be murdered over drugs.  Our prisons suddenly become fifty percent less full.  And people will stop dying by the score from drugs made in bikers' basements and laced with God knows what.  Formerly illegal drugs can now be made by pharmaceutical companies and regulated by the government.   And we save an immense fortune because we are no longer shoveling sand against the tide by attempting to enforce the unenforceable.
      That's the upside.  Many fear the downside will be a great increase in drug use because illegal drugs will be easy to get hold of.  I call total bullshit on that thought because illegal drugs couldn't be easier to get ahold of than they are right now. What would you like?  Heroin?  I can jump on the SpeedLine to Camden and have some within the hour.  Crack?  I can take a twenty five minute drive and have all I want.  Oxycontin?  I can make one phone call and have all I want by tonight.  Pot?  I can make one phone call and have all I want delivered within the hour.  Since I was sixteen I've been able to purchase any drug I wanted almost any time I wanted.  I would wager that practically everyone reading this knows someone they could get drugs from if they wanted them.
    Therefore drugs won't be any easier to get than they are now, the same people will be doing drugs as before, but the multi billion dollar criminal element will be destroyed and every country will save an incredible fortune doing away with drug enforcement and punishment. 
     Now shoot a hole in that logic.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Solving At Least Most of the Drug Problem
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 9:58am

I cant shoot a hole in that logic and wont even try. Its spot on. The biggest evidence you are right is the fact that drugs have only been illegal a relatively short amount of time. Were their addicts before that, you bet. Are their even more addicts now? Absolutely. The war on drugs has been one of the biggest failures this country has ever seen.

First of all make all natural psychedelics with a long history of safe use legal today. They are super safe. Mushrooms have been studied and been found to be, statistically speaking, one of if not the safest of all drugs. Marijuana is also amazingly safe and has many great benefits. No blood pressure medicine has come close to marijuana in terms of perfectly regulating my blood pressure and ive taken most of them. Also great to relieve stress, promote creativity for the artists and craftsmen among us and so many other things. Theres a strain for every ill.

Now full disclosure, I dont use any illegal drugs and havent for years. Despite my love for all things mushrooms and despite the fact that I have the knowledge to isolate my own strain of magic mushrooms and produce trash bags full if I felt like it, I choose not to. So there is no conflict of interest.

I am very liberal on drug laws. The liberals in my opinion are 100% right on this one. They are wrong in other things imo but in this the conservatives have been manipulated into trusting only Daddy Pharma and its been disastrous.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 9:29am

And of course there's the money driven hypocrisy of marijuana being mostly illegal while tobacco, a proven carcinogen and general destroyer of health and alcohol, an addictive and potentially deadly drug, are completely legal and can be purchased anywhere.   

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 12:24pm

Of course what I'm suggesting will never happen because drug enforcement and distribution are one in the same.  There is no way you can convince me that drugs, particularly heroin, are available 24/7/365 in every major city without law enforcement being as dirty as hell.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 12:45pm

Someone somewhere is definitely getting paid. Think about just how much narcotic substances get used every single day then think about the fact that almost all of it (talking more about heroin and drugs other than marijuana) isn't made in the Western countries it get's used in. How does that sheer amount of substance get across a border? Greased palms. I had a Spanish friend who lived in one of the major Spanish port cities and he said drugs were rampant because that port was the gateway to Europe. A hell of a lot of container ships passed through there and not all of it was cheap clothes and food stuffs...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:22pm

Don’t forget that illegal drugs is always mixed up with dirty s*** worse than the drug itself because the stuff will pass through so many middle men before it ends up in someone’s body. So drug users will injest 1/3 drugs and 2/3 plastic, glass, rat poison, etc. Legal drugs would make its use an overall healthy experience, as dumb as that might sound.

Around here the opposite situation exists. Young people inhales laughing gas which makes them suspectible to brain damage through lack of oxygen (among other issues). The laughing gas you get at the dentist is far less dangerous beause it is mixed with oxygen. Instead of just making non-dangerous laughing gas easily available the government has (haphazardly) tried to restrict its sale.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:44pm

Several years ago I had an old Vietnam Vet patient tell quite an interesting story on a long, non emergent transfer run.

He said he had been injured or something and was on base getting ready to be sent home. He had walked up to some runway to talk to an old friend before leaving for good. On his way he had seen a stranger there who he had never seen but was obviously in authority.

His friend was standing next to large pallets covered with tarps. He walked up to this large cargo plane and his friend, upon seeing him approach quickly walked up to him and told him he had to leave before anyone saw him.

He said that they had been given orders to shoot any unauthorized personnel who approached within a certain distance of those pallets. His friend was serious but before he guy got going he said what is it? His friend said it was tons and tons of what looked like heroin or coke under those tarps.

The man could see just a small portion of where the tarp wasnt covering and sure enough it looked like tightly packed white powder.

He said he left and later on realized the man at the base during that time was Oliver North, someone later involved in a lot of controversy in our politics.

Anyways that was his story. I have no proof if it was real or not but he seemed to be sincere at least. At the very least he believed it.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2021 at 8:36am

Slyngorm wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:22pm:
Don’t forget that illegal drugs is always mixed up with dirty s*** worse than the drug itself because the stuff will pass through so many middle men before it ends up in someone’s body. So drug users will injest 1/3 drugs and 2/3 plastic, glass, rat poison, etc. Legal drugs would make its use an overall healthy experience, as dumb as that might sound.

Around here the opposite situation exists. Young people inhales laughing gas which makes them suspectible to brain damage through lack of oxygen (among other issues). The laughing gas you get at the dentist is far less dangerous beause it is mixed with oxygen. Instead of just making non-dangerous laughing gas easily available the government has (haphazardly) tried to restrict its sale.

The biggest killer around here (New Jersey and the Northeast in general) is heroin laced with Fentanyl.  I personally knew several people who died from it and know several who almost died.  Fentanyl gives heroin a much stronger kick so junkies don't really mind their drug being cut with it... until they drop dead.  About a year ago it was like an epidemic around here, with people dropping like flies.  So many lives wasted for absolutely nothing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Chris)