34-36”    
  0 (0.0%)
Other, please specify    
  1 (5.6%)

Total votes: 18
« Created by: Morphy on: Apr 4th, 2021 at 10:37am »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Max Accuracy Scoring Thread (Read 14538 times)
joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Max Accuracy Scoring Thread
Reply #90 - May 17th, 2021 at 8:51am

Morphy wrote on May 17th, 2021 at 8:43am:
Oh shoot then if thats the case Joe Im sitting pretty at my ADI of zero!!!

Grin

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #91 - May 20th, 2021 at 6:38am

https://youtu.be/GfjCYL-GTRU
I finally did a 33%*

*P.S.: correction it's not 33% but 30% I also corrected the title. 1/3 is not equal to 3/10  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2021 at 4:20pm by Sarosh »  
IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #92 - May 20th, 2021 at 10:46am

Yeah! Nice! And you averaged above 1 hit per round overall. You are seriously dialing that s#&! in. And with stones nonetheless.

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #93 - May 20th, 2021 at 2:08pm

Really nice slinging!  Thumbs Up

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #94 - May 20th, 2021 at 9:09pm

Amazing groups Sarosh!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #95 - May 21st, 2021 at 12:41pm

I want MORE!  Angry
Thanks guys
I'm dreaming of a 60% rate like IG's  Cheesy

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #96 - May 22nd, 2021 at 8:35am

As usual excellent slinging Sarosh. As soon as station duties is over Ill have to go through and redo the weekly/biweekly score postings.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #97 - Oct 28th, 2021 at 2:17pm

Well, It's been a while since we did this scoring thing, but I've been slinging a lot in the past few months, and  I wanted to revisit this.  I thought I'd recalculate based on the Danger Goods target I was playing with today (https://youtu.be/o67g8mo9Gk4). ; The yellow ring is 20" across... i.e. 50cm like a Diana.  The distance was 10m.  I only took 6 shots, but 4/6 hit in the yellow. 

1000/50*0.667 = 13.34

That's a slight improvement from my previous score of ~7

Did I calculate that right Morphy?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #98 - Oct 28th, 2021 at 9:07pm

Because Im tired and because I know your capable of that score either way Im just going to say yes and go with it lol. I need to do a more thorough look into where we are at on this max scoring thread. Maybe see where what we have as max accuracy correlates with the scores in Ibizia.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #99 - Nov 15th, 2021 at 9:20am

Morphy wrote on May 22nd, 2021 at 8:35am:
As usual excellent slinging Sarosh. As soon as station duties is over Ill have to go through and redo the weekly/biweekly score postings.

My goodness those were long station duties. Ok, 6 months have passed and from what I know of some of the members here you’ve been continually pushing the limits.

So to refresh your memories here is the current score chart:

(O) Joe - 9

(F) IronGoober - 19.7

(F) Tombelaine - 13.2

(O) NOOC - 13.34

*(O) Jaegoor - 14.2

(F) PracticalParacord - 18

*(F) Mersa - 33.3

So currently Jaegoor holds the record for the highest Official ADI. Makes sense since hes a world champ right?  Wink

And our own Mersa crushed the frestyle division and God help anyone who tries to beat that score. Yeesh.  Grin

——————————————————————————————————-

Ok so moving forward… Two questions for you:

1. Have we done enough scoring to legitimately give us at least an idea about what score should constitute each level? I brought this up on the other ranking thread but I want to repeat it here as well.

2. If the above is “yes” then of course -what scores would constitute the various levels, ranks etc?

I’ll point out one thing and then the floor is yours. The difficulty I think is being forward thinking enough in the scores so that the system doesn’t become immediately obosolete.  For example,  consider how much the freestyle score increased in such a short time. My thought is that for a score to be Master level its going to have to really almost seem absurdly high to us right now. This will also give more meaning to each rank. It will be something you work toward for a year or two rather than a session or two. Getting the title of Master will actually be quite a big deal.

But anyways, these are my thoughts and yours are frankly much more interesting to me. So what say you guys? I’m all ears.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Archaic Arms
Funditor

Testing and inventing
"Archaic" weapons.

Reply #100 - Nov 15th, 2021 at 10:28am

Morphy wrote on Nov 15th, 2021 at 9:20am:
Getting the title of Master will actually be quite a big deal.

Diana at 50m is an ADI of 100
If you had 10 shots, and got 10 hits, your definitely a master.  Wink
I'll have a ponder.
Master rank - angle of fruit-bat at 60yds?

Regards,
Lewis
IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #101 - Nov 15th, 2021 at 11:11am

Archaic Arms wrote on Nov 15th, 2021 at 10:28am:
angle of fruit-bat at 60yds?

About 30 cm across from what I've heard. So, 5500/30 is ~183.   Multiplied by the probability you need of 3/5 , 183 * (0.6) = ~110

100 seems reasonable.

John R.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #102 - Nov 16th, 2021 at 7:06am

Archaic Arms wrote on Nov 15th, 2021 at 10:28am:
Morphy wrote on Nov 15th, 2021 at 9:20am:
Getting the title of Master will actually be quite a big deal.

Diana at 50m is an ADI of 100
If you had 10 shots, and got 10 hits, your definitely a master.  Wink
I'll have a ponder.
Master rank - angle of fruit-bat at 60yds?

I like that it alludes back to historical accounts of the slingers hitting fruit bats. 10/10 at 50 is definitely suitably difficult. Not likely people are going to out do that any time soon. Perhaps we could make 10/10 shots with 100 ADI the prerequisite with 25m being the minimum distance. That might make it easier to take part for those who cant easily practice at 50m.

Of course the lower distance would make it a bit easier as well so hmm. Its up for debate I guess. 100 is a good round number though.

IP Logged

Archaic Arms
Funditor

Testing and inventing
"Archaic" weapons.

Reply #103 - Nov 29th, 2021 at 7:05am

Morphy wrote on Nov 16th, 2021 at 7:06am:
I like that it alludes back to historical accounts of the slingers hitting fruit bats. 10/10 at 50 is definitely suitably difficult. Not likely people are going to out do that any time soon. Perhaps we could make 10/10 shots with 100 ADI the prerequisite with 25m being the minimum distance. That might make it easier to take part for those who cant easily practice at 50m.

Of course the lower distance would make it a bit easier as well so hmm. Its up for debate I guess. 100 is a good round number though.

Yes, 10/10 with ADI 100 would be a good top-level rank. Regarding the distances, I think the distance requirement could increase with the rank. Say if your a Novice rank, you can do 10m, but in order to become a Beginner the distance requirement ups to 20m. etc.

Say with 10 ranks (for example, Novice < Beginner < Apprentice < Journeyman < Competent < Adept < Proficient < Expert < Master < Hero) you can then have 10 different distance requirements, getting further with each successive rank.
This should make it easier for less experienced people to get a rank, but make it more challenging/rewarding for more experienced slingers.

« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2021 at 9:49am by Archaic Arms »  

Regards,
Lewis
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #104 - Nov 29th, 2021 at 8:55am

Warning: long reply

Ok I like this idea over all. This could be the beginning of something. This is exactly why the ADI was set up; for someone else to come along and plug these numbers into an actual ranking system where the ranks aren’t just random guesses of skill levels.

So the distance, while it would limit some people like city dwellers, I can see why it might be necessary. Spin drift is a good indicator of an imperfect throw. I know this because I’ve dealt with spin drift issues personally and after fixing it there is a huge difference in accuracy at distance and retention of speed down range. No master can have poor spin and be at that rank. It wouldnt make sense. A master has to typify perfect slinging. Yet spin drift only really plays a major role at approx. 25-40 meters (depending on the size and density of the ammo and the amount of spin and angle of attack) So long range shots play a bigger role here than simply making things difficult for difficulties sake.

10 ranks is perfect in my estimation. As with belt systems in martial arts it gives a quick feeling of accomplishment early on that slows with each additional rank. A graduated system of difficulty.

One issue I think we need to look at and this is open to everyone, please feel free to give your input, is this:  ADI struggles to retain relevance with massive increases in distance. So ADI 100 at 100 meters is not just twice as hard as ADI 100 at 50 meters. Multiple different cross winds, aiming so high off the target that you have nothing but blue sky to reference, the increased power needed all increase the difficulty above what the number would suggest. So should we adjust the target size to reflect this? It will still be ridiculously difficult but it will stay in line with the intended effect of an increase of 10 adi per level. If no is the consensus that’s fine. But this is something that needs to be mentioned I feel.

And lastly should we consider reevaluating the top skill levels? Jaegoor right now is a former World Champ and his score here is  ADI 14.2 with 17 hits out of 20 throws at 20 ms on a 4ft/120 cm square.

I would hate to have the top levels be so high that they essentially become a joke. I think as slingers we will see big increases in max skill levels in the coming decades as people begin to find new techniques that greatly increase consistency. We know this looking at pretty much every other sport. But going from 14.2 at 20 meters to 100% accuracy over 10 shots at 100 meters might be too much to ask of anyone.

Ok, long post, but hopefully thought provoking. Please feel free add your own thoughts, constructive criticism, etc. Thanks.  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Morphy, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Chris)