Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Some more of my target slinging (Read 1173 times)
Duckhands
Descens

Making Some Sick New Slings!

Idaho
Re: Some more of my target slinging
Reply #15 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 9:35pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Apr 1st, 2021 at 8:00pm:
Nice slinging!  Great whip crack!  Smiley

Is there particular situation or projectile that you like switching to the longer sling for?  Or just use either whenever you feel like it?

Those whip cracks make me almost want to make a sling with whip crackers rather than a frayed parachute. My slings usually make a low pitch thwump sound on the crack, but I also wanted them to be stealthy. Now I want that twang sound haha. Might bust out the kevlar cord for the tip of my next sling.

Hands dirty from throwing dead ducks I eat my lunch and earn my title.

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #16 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 3:35am

Thanks guys.

Joe, I like to switch slings depending both on the range and ammo. In the video I was slinging tennis balls which with my short sling releases too late, but this longer sling releases them almost as good as stones. I otherwise don't use long slings at this range, I like to use it at 60m and more at area targets or trees with 50-100g stones, My short sling I use at "0"-30m at targets and up to 80m at area targets with 100-300g stones. If going for as much distance as I can get I whip out my superlong sling, which will be starring in the next video.

Duck, go for it, cracking slings are fun! Especially great for scaring away people you don't want to hit but they keep walking into your slinging range or animals. I'd like to see what beauty of a sling you come up with!

IP Logged

David Morningstar
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

UK
Reply #17 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 4:23am

With that level of accuracy you would do well in the Internationals. I like the atlatl too!

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #18 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 2:34pm

Very unique style but obviously it works quite well for you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15, Rat Man)