Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Some more of my target slinging (Read 1172 times)
czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Some more of my target slinging
Apr 1st, 2021 at 3:26pm

So I made a video from what I recorded of my latest two slinging sessions. This one is more about the target practice than destruction as the previous one was about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI1-_ZMLSuQ

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Some more of my target slinging
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 3:28pm

Sorry for it not being the long range slinging. How I execute it is still work in progress.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 3:42pm

Great stuff! You have a real powerful throw.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 4:40pm

Nice slinging, my man!  I really like seeing other slinger's styles. Those were some pretty large stones, it seemed like.

John R.

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Making Some Sick New Slings!

Idaho
Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 4:48pm

I have been trying to figure out a good form for my own throws so far. Every time i try to step into a throw it feels all finicky, and like I'll whack myself. Also for the life of me I can't figure out the figure 8. Keep whacking my shoulderblades trying to do it. I usually just stand similar to a baseball pitcher, but had to cut out the step for the reason stated above. Got any tips to help find a good throw position?

Hands dirty from throwing dead ducks I eat my lunch and earn my title.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 4:50pm

Great shooting!  You really put your whole body into those shots!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 4:56pm

Thanks Kick, I tried to hold my power back on this one to get better accuracy.

Thanks IG, those stones were two of my favourite stones for accuracy one being 257g and other 299g and one clay slingstone about 110g. Much bigger than what my friend slings.

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Idaho
Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 5:40pm

czechslinger1.0 wrote on Apr 1st, 2021 at 4:56pm:
Thanks Kick, I tried to hold my power back on this one to get better accuracy.

Thanks IG, those stones were two of my favourite stones for accuracy one being 257g and other 299g and one clay slingstone about 110g. Much bigger than what my friend slings.

Those are about my favorite size of rocks as well. I find for myself, lighter ammo gains too much height when I try to put any power behind it. I can toss balls casually all day and hit my target, but if I try to put even a tiny bit of zest on it my accuracy struggles height wise. I know I still have a lot to learn. Like why I can hit a dangling hose end at my house over and over. Yet when I go to the desert and find a busted old tv I can't hit the screen from 15 feet lol. I was trying to go full power to see how my clay glandes would hold up, but I only got a few glancing blows off the frame

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 5:59pm

Duck I don't know. I use what came to me naturally with practice. My only suggestion is putting your leg forward while winding up your hand for the actual throw. But I doubt you did not know this already.

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Idaho
Reply #9 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 6:05pm

czechslinger1.0 wrote on Apr 1st, 2021 at 5:59pm:
Duck I don't know. I use what came to me naturally with practice. My only suggestion is putting your leg forward while doing the windup with your hand for the actual throw. But I doubt you did not know this already.

Yeah I figure it is something I will have to learn by feel haha. Yeah I usually start with my front foot facing the target, then sometimes slowly step and crouch before releasing. It is strange, up close and with minimal force my accuracy is good, then at farther ranges with more power I can pull a decent group. I might be psyching myself out trying to throw hard close, but I just feel like a drunk trying to tightrope walk, when throwing hard up close lmao

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #10 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 6:16pm

Duckhands wrote on Apr 1st, 2021 at 6:05pm:
Yeah I figure it is something I will have to learn by feel haha. Yeah I usually start with my front foot facing the target, then sometimes slowly step and crouch before releasing. It is strange, up close and with minimal force my accuracy is good, then at farther ranges with more power I can pull a decent group. I might be psyching myself out trying to throw hard close, but I just feel like a drunk trying to tightrope walk, when throwing hard up close lmao

I was experiencing something similar in the summer when I was slinging for just a few months. I might even have somewhere video of myself destroying my standart Franta target from that time. On that one it should be easy to see that my form was still work in progress.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #11 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 6:34pm

Great slinging, looks like your getting decent power. Nice style/form

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #12 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 6:42pm

Never seen a style quite like that and I really enjoy watching it. It reminds me of Mike Tyson stooping down in preparation for a big uppercut. Very cool. And yes you.got some serious power going on.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #13 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 8:00pm

Nice slinging!  Great whip crack!  Smiley

Is there particular situation or projectile that you like switching to the longer sling for?  Or just use either whenever you feel like it?

IP Logged

SerKraus

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #14 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 9:19pm

Your videos are very entertaining. Keep up the great work!

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Kick, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark)