Send Topic Print
Donner Party Syndrome (Read 1153 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Donner Party Syndrome
Apr 1st, 2021 at 1:12pm

You and I are stranded in a mountain pass in the dead of Winter.  You can make it the Donner Pass if you like.  We are starving to death.  I catch Pneumonia and die.  Do you eat my body?  I'm a big old dude and would probably keep  you alive through the Winter.
     If the situation was reversed would you want me to eat you? 
     I would absolutely give you permission to eat me if I died.  Why wouldn't I?  And though I would be sorry you died I'd consume your body without reservation.  Once you die you're just another Mammal carcass. I would eat your body whether or not you gave me permission.  It's not like you'd know anyway. 
    So how do you feel about that?  Would you eat human flesh if your only other choice was starving to death?  I'd like to add that we're not talking about murdering someone to eat them.  That's a whole other level and topic.  But if your partner died on his own, would you?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Donner Party Syndrome
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 2:44pm

Rat Man, remember that saucy little bloke that went by the name "Prime Rib" that used to post quite prolifically here and then disappeared during that particularly cold winter of 2014. Any idea what happened to him?

Also to answer your question, I dont know. The civilized part of me wants to say hell no. But my tummy says pass me a thigh. I hope I wouldnt because the idea disgusts me but nobody really knows how they would be until they are faced with such a situation.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 2:50pm

If I've got some sriracha in my pack then there are far worse things I would end up eating than human. Syömään!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 5:12pm

Yes.

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.
BE SAFE,    BE SMILEY,   BE STRANGE

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 5:13pm

Long pig  mmmm

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.
BE SAFE,    BE SMILEY,   BE STRANGE

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Chris)