Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
International Slinging Event Ibiza 2021 (Read 12463 times)
JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Re: International Slinging Event Ibiza 2021
Reply #45 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 12:37pm

Sadly for me the travel arrangements have just been too uncertain for too long so I'm missing this time. I will catch you all in 2022  Smiley

Oh, and we expect plenty of pictures/video!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #46 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 12:40pm

We've had two days of practice and I have a lot already so expect a hell of a lot more by the time we're done. I'll be putting up some YouTube videos once I'm back.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #47 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 12:41pm

And you are missed here! Hope we can both make it for the next one if not before Cheesy

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #48 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 5:47am

I should have learned from last year. I never have any time to post stuff up while the comp is happening. Anyway, I am now back in Finland, tired but oh so happy and some new leads to chase up for a possible Team Finland for 2022. Let's see how it goes but I'm more determined than ever to actually get off my arse and get people slinging together.

Anyway! Lot's of video to come soon including a short documentary film coming out next year (sometime around Spring) made by Andre and Chika from the UK. They came along not knowing anything about slinging and not realising quite how passionate and dedicated we are and we managed to get Chika (who is the presenter) to compete. He went from ZERO slinging experience to scoring I believe 2 hits on the board in the stone throwing and I believe similar for tennis balls. Note: We arrived somewhat late for the stone throwing so Chika had one practice throw (first time ever using stones) then went on to do his 2 rounds of 5 stones. And he hit the board. Incredibly impressive. Andre was busy filming but he did, on the last day try cracking a sling like a whip and got it! Both great guys and it really felt they understood us and were great to hang out with. They both left with slings and both saying they want to get some practice in and are coming next year!

Ok, onto scores. The actual numbers will come up soon I guess. It always takes a while, but I'll get them up here eventually. One thing that was a shame is that the last day was very rainy so we didn't get a second chance to use stones. Instead we did 4 rounds of tennis balls in an indoor hall. In some ways, this was good because we had more time to stay in one place and really hang out together.

Myself: I got some hits on the board and 1 or 2 dianas. I feel last year I did slightly better, but then I was using a sling from Channing and a sling from Uwe for the first time so I'm overall ok with how I did, particularly because I have done very little, if any real practice this year.

Christian (funditor) from Austria: He won I think third place in the Men's and just generally was absolutely on fire for a lot of the competition. You'll see in the videos, he was doing damn well this year.

Uwe (hubert): What can I say? Channing said it best when he dubbed him the Sling King. He won first place and, at least to me, was rarely missing the target at all. If it wasn't a diana, it was surely a hit on the board. Amazing to watch him sling and I got one of his amazing slings (lucky too because it was the last one he had to sell). Beautiful to use.

Channing (Practical Paracord): He took the Balearic slinging world by storm! He's sure to have lots of videos up soon and I have some great footage to come as well. He won 2 third places and a second for the overall Men's! He sold all the slings he brought with him and the whole competition was buzzing about the American with the paracord slings. Getting to meet him in person was fantastic and to see him so buzzed was infectious. Louisiana... I might have to save up but I definitely need to get over there.

The Austrian women's team once again stormed the competition and Myriam particularly did well. You'll see when the numbers come out Cheesy

I could keep going as there are so many fantastic slingers out there and all over, but I'll let the numbers do the talking later.

For only a few days that seemed to pass so quickly, it was packed full of great memories and experiences and has reignited the love of slinging for me. I have made excuses and put things off, but now I'm super charged to really get slinging out there especially in my own backyard as they say. Here's to next year!
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2021 at 8:41am by Kick »  

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #49 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 6:00am

Just got the message (because there was a bit of delay in getting the results together) Team Austria won Gold for the Team competition!

Christian, Gerhard, Uwe, Channing and myself. Yes, that's right, I once again attached myself to the team with all the best slingers Cheesy I contributed a few points but these guys were all so great, I could have been throwing backwards and Team Austria would have won I'm sure. Even if we had all choked and done terribly, I wouldn't have regretted getting to hang out with these guys. Cannot wait for next year and I might need to make a trip to at least Austria sometime soon...

IP Logged

hubert

Oschersleben
Reply #50 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 7:25am

I can only agree with @Kick words, it was really great & I am very happy.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #51 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 7:53am

excellent !
Good to see you back on top form uwe ! Thumbs Up
That is one helluva trophy haul !
Good job you sold the slings and used the ammo - to give some room in your luggage !   

Any idea where the competiton results are going to be posted ?

Obviously not the balearic federation site.
Or is it ?
Who knows, kind of my point, no idea if they are still affiliated with the international or not ?

But would be good to see the full results.

Anyone know what distance you were slinging the tennis balls at ?
It's usually somewhere between 10-15 metres.

Hopefully next year we can have a team england Smiley
If we all turn up and kick joins we'd have enough - just saying Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #52 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 8:25am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Oct 19th, 2021 at 7:53am:
Any idea where the competiton results are going to be posted ?

Last year Pep put them on Facebook so I assume he'll do that again.

Anyone know what distance you were slinging the tennis balls at ?

13 metres I believe. We were talking about it and that's pretty much the perfect distance for tennis balls to be challenging but also possible to use. I guess it could be pushed back to 15 but 13 felt comfortable.

Hopefully next year we can have a team england
If we all turn up and kick joins we'd have enough - just saying

Well if I'm bringing a Team Suomi that might be a tough choice Cheesy

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #53 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 8:45am

Well if I’m there next year I wanted you on team Australia.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #54 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 8:47am

Mersa wrote on Oct 19th, 2021 at 8:45am:
Well if I’m there next year I wanted you on team Australia.

Oh boy. Transfer war. I'm going to need big bucks and luxury penthouse to get me to swap teams.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #55 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 12:29pm

I'll put up an offer for sexy dance from Morphy in his chaps and cowboy sandals...

John R.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #56 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 2:29pm

well I'll happily jump ship if you don't have enough fins whistle Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #57 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 2:34pm

I suppose if enough odds and sods turn up - team slinging.org will finally have to rear it's ugly head Smiley

I might even get t-shirts made.

I say 'made' a laser cut template and some cheap paint might be the order of the day lol

Do not wash whistle

Can you get spray on fabric paint ?

well yes you can !
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flexible-Fabric-Leather-Textile-Clothes/dp/B08PL2VSWG/r...

Okay silver paint - now just need some cheap plain black xxl t-shirts.
The ones that wash down to an xl on a cool wash !
Shrink-to-fit basically Smiley

Damn - these things are cheap !

These are the same ones I get from vistaprint.
So definitely shrink to fit.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #58 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 3:22pm

so did the indians turn up ?

Nobody's mentioned them.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #59 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 9:41pm

Excellent recap Kick!  Thanks for posting all that.

Congrats to all the winners!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)