Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Another sling & shield video (Read 1699 times)
Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: Another sling & shield video
Reply #15 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 12:09am

The entire top shelf of our freezer is reserved for ammo. The price I pay is that occasionally my wife uses the ammo in her drink.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2021 at 3:09pm by Kick »  

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Making Some Sick New Slings!

Idaho
Reply #16 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 12:29am

Kick wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 12:09am:
The entire top shelf of our freezer is reserved for ammo. The price I pay is that occasionally my wife uses the ammo in her drink.

Haha we plan on getting a deep freezer for food, so the main freezer can be for our sugar glider food, and now also ammo. She wanted to try getting a couple gliders, ended up with 3. Then adopted another two locally from a lady who couldn't handle their care needs. So it takes tons of frozen fruits and veggies to feed them all... veered a bit there sorry haha
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2021 at 3:09pm by Kick »  

Hands dirty from throwing dead ducks I eat my lunch and earn my title.

IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #17 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 11:59am

Magnificent slinging, btw. Is it possible to keep the sling in front while slinging, or do body mechanics preclude this ? I've tried with a one-handed buckler (from extended to close to the chest) but not with actual throws

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #18 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 1:43pm

Thanks Thearos!

I'm guessing that was a mistype and you meant keep the shield in front while slinging.  I think it could be done to an extent.  What you would lose is the rotation of the upper body (or at least the range of the rotation), therefore causing a loss of power.  The next time you're slinging, hold your arm in front of you like you're holding a shield.  Then try to keep it there while you sling.  It makes a big difference.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #19 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 2:34pm

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Kick, Rat Man)