Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ya'll are probably tired of my new sling posts, but here's another. (Read 5450 times)
Duckhands
Descens

Making Some Sick New Slings!

Idaho
Ya'll are probably tired of my new sling posts, but here's another.
Mar 24th, 2021 at 9:52pm

This is my first try at a two finger loop sling. As well as my first try with 3 to 6 to 3 strand braided cords. This one is my lightest sling yet, and seems to work pretty well. I haven't gotten out to test it yet. Once I finish my hemp/jute rockman style sling I will go out and try all 8 of my collection against eachother.

Hands dirty from throwing dead ducks I eat my lunch and earn my title.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Ya'll are probably tired of my new sling posts, but here's another.
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 10:04pm

I have two slings with a double finger loop. One is a Balearic from IronGoober and the other is a Capt. Paul from NOOC. Both work great. I may have to try and incorporate it into new slings.

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Idaho
Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 10:07pm

I have heard they are more accurate, so I decided to give it a try. My accuracy still needs work. I was lucky to hit a 2 liter bottle from about 50 yards, after waaay too many throws lol.

IP Logged

SerKraus

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 11:08pm

Duckhands wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 10:07pm:
I have heard they are more accurate, so I decided to give it a try. My accuracy still needs work. I was lucky to hit a 2 liter bottle from about 50 yards, after waaay too many throws lol.

Hey man, for someone who just started the other day, that's quite impressive! You have great potential!

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Idaho
Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 9:42pm

I still haven't got a chance to go out and really throw anything with this sling yet, but from tossing my high density foam golf balls around the house this sling has potential to become one of my favorites.... why am I having dejavu? The sad thing is I feel like the one I am working on now will become one of my favorites too. Anyway, this sling though, has no oscillating at all for underhand, and side arm rotation, but gets just the smallest amount when spinning overhand. It also has a nice spiralling release, at least from my half ass testing. Also for being my second longest sling it is one of the lightest, and seems promissing for a good balance of accuracy,  efficiency, and power. So far I really like synthetic materials, I am just making my first sling using natural fibers, polished hemp, and jute. I feel like as long as I keep it dry, it will become my favorite. I love how it looks with the deer leather finger loop. I might end up having to pop some leather over the weaved split pouch too, just because it looks so perty. Idk if leather pouch wraps are a great idea for a rockman sling though... we shall see, I guess, what I end up doing.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 9:56pm

You make really pretty slings

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Kick)