Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
FILMS YOU LOVE.....and WHY. (Read 2061 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: FILMS YOU LOVE.....and WHY.
Reply #15 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 10:37am

if by the title you mean: films you will ALWAYS watch all the way through if they come on the telly.

Then I've got a few Smiley

John carpenter films:
The Thing
Escape from new york
Vampires

Bruce willis - Hudson Hawk, I know the critics hated it. I don't know why I love it !

Evolution - just one of the best films ever made, never really really went mad for the x-files or any other duchovny tv series. But Evolution is the best wrok he'll ever do.
Just an awesome film !

Shrek - the first film, the others are okay but the first is the classic.

Cabaret - my all time favourite musical.

Wings of desire, wim wenders film - and peter falks finest on screen performance. Without him the film would just be another arthouse film. With him it's a total classic.

Enter the dragon - 'boards don't hit back'. A martial arts classic for all the right reasons.

District 13 - probably the best action film ever made. Stars the guy who invented parkour - David Belle - and one of his best pupils. Both also world class martial artists.
Some of the stunts need to be seen four or 20 times for you to believe they are even possible, let alone done with such ease and NO digital effects or wires.
If you've never seen it - go find it and prepare to disbelieve your own eyes ! 

Guardians of the galaxy - the best marvel hero film, bar none.

Brotherhood of the wolf: has a naked monica belucci in her awesome prime - I could stop there Smiley And also a cracking martial arts film as well.

probably  others, I will update the list as I think of them.

Where films are in a foreign language to me ie: (not english) I only watch the originals. Just can't stand dubbed films and if you can't read subtitles and watch a film at the same time - you're probably dyslexic and you have my sympathy.   

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #16 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 10:57pm

Full Metal Jacket is one I can watch again and again.  Though the whole movie is excellent, the first half in Marine boot camp is the best.  "I AM in a world of poopy!"

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #17 - Apr 7th, 2021 at 1:42pm

A few of my favourites are:
Kung fu Hustle
Oldboy (2003 version obviously)
Apocalypto
City of God
Big Lebowski
Lord of the Rings trilogy
The Matrix
One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest
2001 Space Odyssey
Trainspotting

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #18 - Apr 17th, 2021 at 8:09am

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  A ridiculous movie that takes silliness to the level of genius.  I never tire of it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus)