Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Monofilament slings? (Read 1748 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Monofilament slings?
Reply #15 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 9:24pm

Another vote for braided. Monofilament is often made from nylon which has tons of stretch as others have said. Looking forward to the results.

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Making Some Sick New Slings!

Idaho
Reply #16 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 11:27pm

Mersa wrote on Mar 22nd, 2021 at 8:08pm:
Interested to see how you go duck.
I’ll give you a little tip, your pouch should be about 2x the weight of the release cord. Going ultralight can actually slow down the release cord.

Dyneema is an awesome material but I don’t like it being to thin , it can cut you.

Thanks, I appreciate any and all tips. I will probably do a leather finger loop, and a micro paracord wrap for the realease tab, just for that reason. In my minds eye it should be pretty cool. Just gotta finish making my first double finger loop sling then I will start making some with the fishing lines. Got a pup day before yesterday, and it has slowed my sling making a bit

Hands dirty from throwing dead ducks I eat my lunch and earn my title.

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Making Some Sick New Slings!

Idaho
Reply #17 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 11:29pm

Morphy wrote on Mar 22nd, 2021 at 9:24pm:
Another vote for braided. Monofilament is often made from nylon which has tons of stretch as others have said. Looking forward to the results.

Yeah, I will be trying all three materials seperately, and in various mixes until i get something great. I will probably start a new thread for the results.

Hands dirty from throwing dead ducks I eat my lunch and earn my title.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Rat Man, Chris, Morphy, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker)