Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My new baby. (Partial tutorial) (Read 3377 times)
Duckhands
Descens

Making Some Sick New Slings!

Idaho
Oh the finger loop finishing.... Thought I was done lol
Reply #15 - Mar 15th, 2021 at 11:45pm

To finish the finger loop, if you are lucky like me, and your loop pattern is perfect sized for this, then you just wrap the leather around the loop, starting on one side of the leather ring. Wrap it until you can put the leather end to end. Then I use a rubber band to hold the leather in place as I move on. I used 3 rubber bands to hold the shape. Then you use a sewing awl to do what I think is called a whip stitch to close it up. Then I tie some constrictor knots to cover any loose ends, and to cover ugly loose ends of leather. And it is done! This one took a couple days to make, while trying to think of what pictures to take, and when. I wish I would have taken more. If this stirs intrest, I will do a more inclusive tutorial with more precise measurements, and better descriptions.

Hands dirty from throwing dead ducks I eat my lunch and earn my title.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: My new baby. (Partial tutorial)
Reply #16 - Mar 16th, 2021 at 1:36am

Duckhands wrote on Mar 15th, 2021 at 11:45pm:
To finish the finger loop, if you are lucky like me, and your loop pattern is perfect sized for this, then you just wrap the leather around the loop, starting on one side of the leather ring. Wrap it until you can put the leather end to end. Then I use a rubber band to hold the leather in place as I move on. I used 3 rubber bands to hold the shape. Then you use a sewing awl to do what I think is called a whip stitch to close it up. Then I tie some constrictor knots to cover any loose ends, and to cover ugly loose ends of leather. And it is done! This one took a couple days to make, while trying to think of what pictures to take, and when. I wish I would have taken more. If this stirs intrest, I will do a more inclusive tutorial with more precise measurements, and better descriptions.

You have my address right Duck? Just making sure. I prefer 24-26 inch slings. Thanks man!   Wink Cheesy

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Idaho
Reply #17 - Mar 16th, 2021 at 1:52am

Haha, that is actually almost the exact size of this one. I will have to measure it now that it is finished. I would consider trading this bad boy for a glandes mold haha Grin or possibly something else. I just don't want a spanking for posting anything else in the trading post Wink I was truly shocked how perfect my existing finger loop form was for this stitched loop

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Idaho
Reply #18 - Mar 16th, 2021 at 2:00am

Morphy wrote on Mar 16th, 2021 at 1:36am:
Duckhands wrote on Mar 15th, 2021 at 11:45pm:

You have my address right Duck? Just making sure. I prefer 24-26 inch slings. Thanks man!   Wink Cheesy

I got these colors, plus the two used on the sling, oh and it is 26 1/2" on the dot, but I don't think I'll part with this bad boy. Even though the braids aren't the best I am liking how it feels, after today's test throws.

IP Logged

David Morningstar
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

UK
Reply #19 - Mar 16th, 2021 at 3:00am

Brilliant!

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Idaho
Reply #20 - Mar 16th, 2021 at 9:45am

David Morningstar wrote on Mar 16th, 2021 at 3:00am:
Brilliant!

Thanks man, I still think yours is a work of art, once I get my braids more uniform I might try some more traditional materials as well. I love that look. Oh do you need a pc to post multiple pics per message? I have one, but use my phone here for the most part.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #21 - Mar 16th, 2021 at 12:15pm

To the side of the text box there's Attachments and a box with a plus sign in it. If you click the box it adds more rows to add attachments.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #22 - Mar 16th, 2021 at 7:08pm

Beautiful work.  I am impressed.

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Idaho
Thanks
Reply #23 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 6:12pm

Kick wrote on Mar 16th, 2021 at 12:15pm:
To the side of the text box there's Attachments and a box with a plus sign in it. If you click the box it adds more rows to add attachments.

Thanks for the tip, that should make my posts less obnoxious in the future. Thanks Ratman i for sure got the sling making bug, and quick too haha.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Rat Man)