Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Making a Simple Sling Tab- Tutorial (Read 3039 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Making a Simple Sling Tab- Tutorial
Reply #15 - Mar 19th, 2021 at 10:46am

IronGoober wrote on Mar 18th, 2021 at 8:50pm:
Sir Missalot wrote on Mar 18th, 2021 at 12:31pm:
Would finishing it off with two half hitches with the loose end work well enough, or would it be better to whip the loose end to the standing part of the retention cord for even pull on both cords?

Either way would work fine. I just don't like whipping because I can't do it right and it always eventually unravels on a release cord.

One wrap then sew through the main cord, wrap sew, wrap sew.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #16 - Mar 19th, 2021 at 12:08pm

I terminated this one with a simple knot, then gave it a coat of silicone... it’s not going to come undone

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #17 - Oct 25th, 2021 at 12:20am

Here is a method that I'm liking more and more. It keeps the tab inline with the release cord and twists much less than my 2-ply method.

Basically, you make some loops, braid them down about 2 or 3 times, and then weave in another piece of cord to make a tab that has 3 "warp" cords.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2023 at 6:22pm by IronGoober »  

tabmaking_small.png (1977 KB | 26 )
tabmaking_small.png
weavingpattern.png (5 KB | 22 )
weavingpattern.png

John R.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15, Chris, Rat Man)