Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Video of my latest slinging sessions (Read 2667 times)
czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Video of my latest slinging sessions
Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:20pm

I decided to put few shots from my two latest slinging sessions on youtube utilizing my phones slo-mo. My favourite hits are the ones where the stones get stuck in 1.5cm particle board, imagine what would happen if that was someones skull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85fffKh8KbU

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Video of my latest slinging sessions
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 7:00pm

Nice shooting!
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2021 at 12:10am by NooneOfConsequence »  

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 7:31pm

Nice shooting Tex! Those were some solid hits! Thats quite the progress for less than a year slinging! Looks like we need to watch out for you should you head to Mallorca.  Grin

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 7:33pm

Looks real sharp man, I can tell you have been practicing a lot. I second that you should come to majorca (though it's actually Ibiza this year I think).

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 11:34pm

Yeah this year is Ibiza. I'm hoping to go but have to see what the situation is like closer to the time.

I've smashed up a similar particle board. Very fun Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 2:47am

What's so cool about standing three meters in front of a target and destroying it?  When you shoot, your sling almost touches the target.  Go 20 or 30m away.  If you hit, you'll feel a lot better.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 3:55am

I sometimes sling at longer distances, even got some really nice first try hits at torso sized target at 30m and once I got balearic sized target at 50m first try. This was more about the fun of the destruction and I agree accuracy slinging at 4 to 8m(distances in the video) is not impressive. But for you i might try to recreate that 50m shot on camera, I still have lots of particle boards I saved up for targets. Wink

Maybe one day I will be able to show up! But right now it looks like czechia will be in hard lockdown for months to come, we can't even travel to different districts now.

IP Logged

David Morningstar
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

UK
Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 5:15am

Good video. Get yourself a tripod and a phone holder and record horizontally. Most of my video comes from a phone.

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 5:50am

Thanks David. You reminded me that we have homemade phone stand for airsofting photos hidden in the woods where we play airsoft with my friends. Maybe for the next one I could use that.

IP Logged

Josephusflav

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 6:36am

Did someone carpet bomb your property with herbicide?

That's allot of dead plant matter!

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:14am

GrinIn Czechia most plantlife dies during winter or waits it out in this dry state and this winter was the coldest in the last 10 years so most of it is now dead. Also this is not my property, but a grass plain outside the village where noone goes.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #11 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 1:17pm

David Morningstar wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 5:15am:
Good video. Get yourself a tripod and a phone holder and record horizontally. Most of my video comes from a phone.

Yes. A phone tripod really helps. If you only have one camera, I really like this perspective:

https://youtu.be/Mvb0trAOeKQ

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #12 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 2:30pm

That is nice, the phone stand we made is basically our equivalent of tripod, and it is capable of doing same perspective. Next time I will use that.

So a bit of an update of my accuracy. Today I tried slinging at 10" target with my 18" balearic sling at 50m and after about 30 stones I got a hit! And most of misses landed within 1m from the target. It felt as such an achievement.
  Also it seems to me that slinging at long distances until you get close or even hit boosts your accuracy at shorter ranges,  after that my hit rate at 10 - 20m was much more than usual and at less than 10m I could hit my standart Franta target everytime with no misses. This is very interesting.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #13 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 4:25pm

I would recommend picking a target and distance where it’s a challenge to hit over 50% of the time. When you are getting better than 50% consistently, shrink the target or move backwards. Keep up the good work Czech!

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #14 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 5:27pm

That sounds reasonable. Definitely will try this out! The advantage of using either Franta the pizza boxman or particle board as a target is that it already gets smaller and smaller during the sessions as you hit it with every few stones breaking it in half Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Rat Man, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark)