Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Diagonal Angle Pitch is the Best? (Read 4485 times)
Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Diagonal Angle Pitch is the Best?
Reply #60 - Mar 27th, 2021 at 1:13pm

Yes. Gracias  Cheesy

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #61 - Mar 27th, 2021 at 4:33pm

Nice job, AS! I didn't even think the videos were still on YT. Good find.

Also, it looks like Tint did 12 shots in 30 s. That is fast.

John R.

IP Logged

Hirtius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #62 - Mar 27th, 2021 at 10:07pm

Morphy wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 4:19pm:
Lately I’ve been wondering if this is possibly the best angle for the pitch on a throw. It’s more powerful and biomechanically sound than a true vertical pitch and it doesn’t have the draw backs of a true side arm in horizontal aiming.

One reason I’ve usually been reluctant to use it is because the angle can change more easily than a true side arm or vertical pitch which can affect consistency. But then Jaegoor and others seem to do just fine with it.

I’ve usually used as close to a vertical pitch in both my Apache and Fig-8. Yet I also love the side arm two spin so not sure if I really have reason to change but I guess I’m just bored. What do you think?

I never thought of Jaegoor having a diagonal throw. That's the trouble with slinging styles, it's so hard to classify them. To me, his release is mostly just horizontal, though it does angle a bit.

I consider diagonal to be more pronounced. Practical Paracord has the best example of this. To be honest, I think it throws him off. He's very capable of hitting the targets, but I think the diagonal style makes it hard to judge the first few shots. I find diagonal much harder to control, so I don't like it.

I don't really know how I sling since I've never recorded myself, but I've tried to learn from Jaegoor and it works for me. As a beginner I initially tried more of a true sidearm, but I felt I had a lot more horizontal variance with that. Jaegoor's release (if I'm even doing it right) wasn't too hard to learn as far as slinging is concerned, and it has always given me better accuracy than other styles.

I think a speed challenge would be cool to see. Sorry Jaegoor, but I think "Greek" is definitely faster. I had an easier time being  fast with it, although accuracy was nonexistent. If you try to measure speed and accuracy, then things might be a bit different.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #63 - Mar 28th, 2021 at 4:54am

Hirtius wrote on Mar 27th, 2021 at 10:07pm:
I find diagonal much harder to control, so I don't like it.

I find the opposite is true for me Cheesy Giving it a slight diagonal I've found gives me greater accuracy. That's just what I've found though.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #64 - Mar 28th, 2021 at 8:25am

We tried it.  You are not quicker with Greek.  In the beginning they hold three balls.  They are really fast there.  But as soon as they have to grab new ammunition, they get a rhythm problem.  I never trained fast shooting myself.  I always did a routine.  This also makes them faster automatically.  It helps me turn my head off.  It sounds weird.  But it leads to an effect that I know from martial arts.  Your perception changes.  Fast processes run like in slow motion.  You are really becoming aware of them.  It's very difficult to explain.  The diagonal can also be found in martial arts.  With the sword this cut is called kesa giri.  In fact, I use a mix of styles.  In the new video you will see a classic sidehand.  I deliberately shot longer in this video.  You can watch the stabilization of the sling closely.  When Greek feels good to her.  Here you go.  😂 It doesn't feel right to me.  0.03 sec.  Decide whether to hit a target or not.  Without turning, they reduce this period of time again.  I consciously use certain hand positions or positions of the rotor to achieve certain effects.  Luis shows this in a very excellent way in one of his videos.  He practically shoots around the corner.  For shots that have to come absolutely horizontally.  Is sidehand without spin the best.  Your accuracy will improve significantly.  My best hourglass result was four out of five.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Chris, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15)