Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Diagonal Angle Pitch is the Best? (Read 4468 times)
Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Diagonal Angle Pitch is the Best?
Reply #30 - Feb 28th, 2021 at 7:10pm

No, that's not how it works.  I definitely don't shoot Greek crap.  And yes it is true.  Proper reloading is crucial.  But you will see that with Greek you start over and over again with your movement.  I've tried this many times.  It's not comfortable.  I shoot my style.  This is an ongoing movement.  So let someone else do it in Greek.  This style is so good.  I use two spins and I'm still very quick with it.  And I can hit with it too.

https://youtu.be/tvW9M7PG9Vo

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #31 - Feb 28th, 2021 at 10:08pm

How is that not how it works?

It makes no sense to compare someone else who is unpracticed at reloading against your practiced skill  reloading to make a comparison between slinging styles. I'm sure you agree with me on that. The question we want to answer is if a no-spin throw has a speed advantage, not how fast someone can reload. Someone who is less practiced at reloading will obviously be slower than you, regardless of style.  Agreed?

However, if you are challenging someone to shoot more than 10 shots in 30s, that is a different.  I might have accept your challenge. 

Edit: Also, I've seen your video, many times. As always, it is very impressive.

John R.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #32 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 3:20am

I don't think you understand me.  I don't have to try.  For me it is very clear that they are at a disadvantage with Greek.  They keep interrupting their movement and they lose their target focus.  In addition, you get a powerful problem.  I am not making that up.  This is an insight that I gained through training.  If someone comes up and says that this is not true, then it is just talk at first.  But if he can show me what he's saying, then it's an act.  I have neither regard nor respect for talk.  But if he shows what he can do, then I know that he has not only dealt with it theoretically.  There is a lot of talk here about which style is the best.  There are always pseudo styles brought out and declared to be ultimate.  What I rarely see is mastering simple basic techniques.  And the topic here is winkel behavior.  Which angle is really good and when do I use what and how.  If you want to know what a book is like, you have to read it.  Here you read a line and say what a book is like.  I made my videos to show one way.  And it works very well.  I teach students who achieve very good results after a short time.  It validates my method.  So the system is transferable.  So show what you can do.  That will take us further.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #33 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 4:08am

Jaegoor wrote on Feb 28th, 2021 at 4:57pm:
Many people think that I only shoot very heavy slings.  I do not understand that.  In fact, my range is very diverse.  I'll weigh my Cordaillot sling once.  It certainly has a very low weight.  I also shoot a scaled down version of the Balearic sling.  A real esparto sling is also only light.  But it doesn't change my method.  Less force in the arm does not mean that you shoot with less force. 

All fair and true but do you keep slinging your >200g rocks with your light slings or do you scale your ammo down respectively?

And what exactly is a light sling in grams? 30-40 grams is light for some, but that's a medium-weight sling in my view.
Of course for a normal, medium length sling.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #34 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 4:31am

Reload speed is all about catching the sling I think
Jaegoor has an advantage over most just on the simple fact he is well practiced.
As for actual shot speed I cannot believe that a style with rotor is faster. I’m talking you have a light that come on as a surprise and then you sling. If You can’t be in a pre rotor motion simply it should be slower.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #35 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 4:46am

I think the Balearic sling is an amazing design, very suited to rotor styles. And they are also quick to reload because it's easy to catch the sling due to the nature of the construction. I have many Balaeric slings, 2 are from Luis. But at the end of the day I find myself picking a lighter and simpler sling, it's closer to my philosophy
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2021 at 7:00am by AncientCraftwork »  

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #36 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 7:55am

So being perfectly honest here: As long as someone has practiced the catching technique that Jaegoor has practiced so much its hard to imagine all other things being equal that the Greek would be slower.

It definitely has disadvantages but thats not one of them as far as I can see.

As for potential accuracy, after considering this thread, Im still left wondering why the Greek would be less accurate. Accuracy is merely the ability to be consistent and have control. Consistency can be gained with any throw given the proper set up. Control I think could as well ao long as one tunes everything to that throw.

I can see how rotor angle would could affect shot placement but thats more a consistency issue. As was mentioned some Balearic slingers use rotors behind their back. Other slingers have rotors at all different angles and so long as they do it consistently it seems to work fine.

Just my 2 cents.

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #37 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 9:31am

The advantage of helicopter style is that you can gain lift and shoot them from above

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #38 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 9:49am

200g stone,
18.5'' netted sisal sling (11g). wrist loop
Greek sidearm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo2TCkzImGE

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #39 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 10:49am

https://youtu.be/OQVLNzYyONs
200g stone

Listen to the noise in the background,hundreds of geese in a field next to me

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #40 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 11:05am

A nice shot.  Show what you can and you have my respect.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #41 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 11:48am

AncientCraftwork wrote on Mar 1st, 2021 at 9:31am:
The advantage of helicopter style is that you can gain lift and shoot them from above

Ill have to try this again when my femur heals.

J these are great videos man. The setting, the slinging and the sounds. Can we get a view from behind you looking at the target? That would be awesome.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #42 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 12:41pm

For whatever reason, I was most accurate at the competition with Greek.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

David Morningstar
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

UK
Reply #43 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 5:26pm

Great slinging J!

I like the Greek style's ability to snap-shoot at momentary targets, which seems to me to be a very battleworthy attribute.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #44 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 6:05pm

Also to be clear I am very jealous of that slinging area. If you wouldnt mind having the next video set in the city dump so I can feign superiority, even if just briefly, i would consider it a personal favor. And not to brag or anything but having Morphy owe you a favor means jack poopy. So keep that in mind.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, Chris, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Morphy)