xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Video help.
Feb 18th, 2021 at 12:33pm

I am trying to teach myself video editing, mainly to enter
THE TRASH SLING CHALLENGE

My problem is I know F.A. about the subject.

I use an android phone and have mastered filming.
I have downloaded Quik but it's a bit too shouty for me.
I do not have a Google account so cannot download from Google play.
So.... Please can anyone suggest a video editor which is:
Free to download
Free to use
Not snided with adverts
Idiot proof
And produces results which make Eisenstein look like an amateur.

A tall order but I have confidence   Wink

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.
BE SAFE,    BE SMILEY,   BE STRANGE

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Video help.
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2021 at 12:38pm

Shotcut! It's pretty easy, free and it has a load of tutorials online. Just type in what you want + Shotcut and you'll find the solution.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2021 at 2:03pm

xud9a - call me zud 👍 wrote on Feb 18th, 2021 at 12:33pm:
I am trying to teach myself video editing, mainly to enter
THE TRASH SLING CHALLENGE

My problem is I know F.A. about the subject.

I use an android phone and have mastered filming.
I have downloaded Quik but it's a bit too shouty for me.
I do not have a Google account so cannot download from Google play.
So.... Please can anyone suggest a video editor which is:
Free to download
Free to use
Not snided with adverts
Idiot proof
And produces results which make Eisenstein look like an amateur.

A tall order but I have confidence   Wink

Well I use Splice on apple. I’m not sure if you can find it for android though. I’m an idiot and do just fine so it should be a breeze for you. If you do find it I would have no issue making a video going over some of the basic points. It has a learning curve, but not because it’s difficult. It just has options that need to be explained.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2021 at 3:52pm

Are you working strictly from your phone, or do you move your recordings to a computer?  If the latter, I also use Shotcut, which Kick mentioned.  It's easy enough to create simple videos pretty quickly.  But it also has a lot of features to experiment with as you get better at editing.

You mentioned that you don't have a Google account.  I don't know if you're planning to upload your videos to YouTube.  But if so, it's an account with Google that you'll need.

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2021 at 6:24pm

Thanks Guys,
Healthy paranoia means I won't have a Google account so will be uploading to Vimeo or another place.
Yes, I am pretty much using my phone only as I can do without the complexity of working across a Windows laptop as well.
I will check shortcut and splice.......

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2021 at 6:24pm

Thanks Guys,
Healthy paranoia means I won't have a Google account so will be uploading to Vimeo or another place.
Yes, I am pretty much using my phone only as I can do without the complexity of working across a Windows laptop as well.
I will check shortcut and splice.......

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #6 - Feb 19th, 2021 at 2:04pm

You can upload to Rumble or lbry.tv if you don’t like YouTube

I really like using Blender for video editing... but what I like are the features... not the interface, which is really a pain to learn. I also use ffmpeg from a command line for things like converting a series of images into video or vice-versa. Neither of those are recommended for someone who wants an easy video editing experience, but they are free and powerful tools if you do learn them.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #7 - Feb 19th, 2021 at 2:05pm

Vimeo jumped on the deplatforming bandwagon along with all the others. If you’re paranoid, don’t use vimeo either.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #8 - Feb 19th, 2021 at 3:14pm

Bitchute is good for free speech. For example they wont ban one side of the political spectrum and promote the other for the very same thing.  Wink

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2021 at 1:07pm

Hows the video editing journey going Mr. Zud?

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #10 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 8:33pm

@ Morphy.
Thanks for asking, its not.
Between keeping my father sane, researching ammo, project managing the house refurb and ringing slocks  video editing has been a low priority.
Took Arthur out yesterday and we warmed up with conkers, carried on with sheep, juggling balls, golf balls, carpet bowls and finally rocks.
The rocks were half a pound each. On retrieve I was chuffed to find 4 of the rocks had landed in a 4ft square at around 25metres out.

I was pulled up short thinking about the potential damage !

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #11 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 8:55pm

And.......?? Thanks, after that gingering up shortcut is not available for Andy Roid.  Splice and blender are being investigatorised.  Thanks guys.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus)