Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can we please clean up some of the stickied topics? (Read 889 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Can we please clean up some of the stickied topics?
Feb 17th, 2021 at 12:13am

A lot of active topics keep getting bumped to page 2 because there are so many dead stickies at the top. Can we please remove some of those old ones nobody uses ?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Re: Can we please clean up some of the stickied topics?
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2021 at 1:02am

Yes,  Christmas is over, so that can go. 

The slinging museum link is dead, so that can go.

I think we can un-sticky Sith 2020 and the throws in a session question now.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2021 at 9:42am

Also, I'd still love to help getting the main website back up and running so we can get rid of that link.  Offer's still on the table, CA.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2021 at 10:42am

I agree with unpinning the topics Oxnate mention, minus the SITH.  There are still some deliveries in progress, and that topic seems to be traditionally replaced with the next year's SITH once it's started.

I don't know if this is possible.  Would it make sense to create an entirely new heading?  Maybe something for 'Instruction & Education'.  Then all the tutorial and how-to stuff could be moved out of the General Slinging Discussion.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2021 at 7:58am

Quote:
Would it make sense to create an entirely new heading?  Maybe something for 'Instruction & Education'.

I'll think about it Smiley

As with most forums - the 'general' topic gets clogged, simply because it;s the one everyone seems to look at for most things.

sickies have been tidied up.

Oxnate - bung me an email and we can chat.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner)