Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Instathoughts (Read 1925 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Instathoughts
Feb 14th, 2021 at 1:46pm

So for those of you who are on Instagram or other social media like it do you have any thoughts on women who post nothing but pictures of their body?

I am torn because on one hand Im a straight male and we are programmed to be attracted to these women. On the other hand I find them mentally and in all other ways vapid and annoying. The mindset that would cause someone to take hundreds or thousands of pictures of their butts and post it on instagram is something I cant begin to understand.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Instathoughts
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 3:15pm

I have no strong feelings either way.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 3:26pm

I enjoy most. But then there are some that i can't  unsee unfortunately

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 4:10pm

Being a dirty old man I have no problem with women who flaunt their bodies on Instagram, as long as they're worth flaunting.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 4:26pm

I'm with you, Morphy. I don't quite understand the constant need for reinforcement of their looks. It IS a bit narcissistic.

But if I think about it a bit more... I can also understand the motivation. I mean, whenever I post something meant to be shared, I will check quite often to see who has looked at it.   It's nice to have reinforcement that people appreciate your most recent accomplishment(s). Maybe for them, the way they look that day is what they view as their "accomplishment".  I do think that is particular goal is a bit silly, but perhaps they are as consumed by that goal as the rest of us are by our own (Slings and discs for me lately).  A different goal may serve them better...and be healthier mentally/physically in the long run, though.

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 5:12pm

I have no problem with people doing what they want, so long as it's not hurting anyone else.  If someone wants to put pictures of themselves out there for everyone to look at, go for it.  Although it does seem to push the notion of placing more importance in the cover over the content.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 5:29pm

No problem looking
You can look at the menu as long as you eat at home

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 6:50pm

Nothing wrong with looking at a beautiful woman. Its not so much the pictures themselves but the, as IG put it, the narcissism of the actual person. Not all but many.

joe_meadmaker wrote on Feb 14th, 2021 at 5:12pm:
I have no problem with people doing what they want, so long as it's not hurting anyone else.  If someone wants to put pictures of themselves out there for everyone to look at, go for it.  Although it does seem to push the notion of placing more importance in the cover over the content.

Right, cant say it much better than that.

I really dont care about the act as much as what it signifies about the person themselves. I feel the same way about male models who do the same thing. For some reason Ive always been really turned off by vain people. Not sure why.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 8:22am

This falls in my libertarian "ought not be done but I won't stop you" bucket.

All the 'you're allowed to' doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't want my daughters to be doing it. But then for this modern world I'm considered old fashioned. I'm not on social media anymore and I see more harm than good coming of it.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 7:38pm

Hahaha are they body positivity role models or are they clickbait and thirst traps generating simp behaviour?
Both!
It's a multifaceted ego driven culture on social media.
I think if they want to put pics up go ahead and enjoy them. I'm not ever going to subscribe to their only fans accounts though lol

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #10 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 11:44pm

I can’t speak to specific Instagram models, because I only follow ugly men with slings on Instagram.  Thankfully the people I follow do not show off their butts or any other parts of their figures, but I will say this: Life’s simply not fair. Some people have brains. Some have beauty. Some are born rich. Others simply think the world revolves around them no matter what they do or don’t contribute to society.

...And then some people are rich, beautiful, and brilliant like the model/actress who invented spread-spectrum radio:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Lamarr

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #11 - Feb 16th, 2021 at 3:41am

Just be careful with what u see on Morphy's page. He is known to show some skin occasionally.

I am just glad the duckface craze is over. I always thought that they needed penicillin or an antihistamine to take down the swelling. Lol my own ducks in my flock. They are glad the craze is over. For the record the ducks are offened for having that called duckfave. They said it doesnt look like that at all.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #12 - Feb 16th, 2021 at 5:03am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Feb 15th, 2021 at 11:44pm:
I only follow ugly men with slings on Instagram.

Hey!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #13 - Feb 16th, 2021 at 7:36am

Kick wrote on Feb 16th, 2021 at 5:03am:
NooneOfConsequence wrote on Feb 15th, 2021 at 11:44pm:
I only follow ugly men with slings on Instagram.

Hey!

Ok Kick. I’ll make an exception for you. You’re a very pretty man with a sling Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #14 - Feb 16th, 2021 at 8:48am

vetryan15 wrote on Feb 16th, 2021 at 3:41am:
Just be careful with what u see on Morphy's page. He is known to show some skin occasionally.

I am just glad the duckface craze is over. I always thought that they needed penicillin or an antihistamine to take down the swelling. Lol my own ducks in my flock. They are glad the craze is over. For the record the ducks are offened for having that called duckfave. They said it doesnt look like that at all.

I find the word "occasionally" incredibly offensive sir. Yesterday I was wearing a spam thong. Lots of meat in that pic. But anyways...

There are so many good viewpoints here but PS thats really where my heart is as well. I just see it as the symptom of a society descending into narcissism. Its not the cause per se though it might perpetuate it. I am solidly libertarian except for the whole open borders thing which in my opinion would be terrible for many reasons. Not the least of which it would rapidly destroy individual cultural identities  and put a massive strain on social programs.

That being said, people should be able to do what they please so long as it follows the non-aggression principle. Anyways the soap box is free if anyone feels like stepping up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus)