No mutations? Guess im out.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Covid Vaccine
Reply #16 - Feb 21st, 2021 at 3:24pm

I got my second shot last night.  I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop but so far so good.  Roomy Mike got his shot at the same time and he's doing poorly.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #17 - Feb 22nd, 2021 at 1:17am

Good luck with it. Hopefully you'll have the same reaction as me, a bit of fever and tiredness that should be gone in a day.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #18 - Feb 22nd, 2021 at 4:58am

Ive not been yet. Not against it but theres no rush at this point. I feel like if anyone wouldve gotten this disease already it wouldve been me.

My Mom got her second one the day before yesterday. She said it caused some type of weird anxiety for a bit but other than that nothing.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #19 - Feb 22nd, 2021 at 6:25am

Coming out of the UK- reduction in hospitalisation by vaccine:
Pfizer 85%
Astrazeneca 94%

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #20 - Feb 22nd, 2021 at 4:27pm

Israel, the first country where you won't be able to enter a supermarket without it, comes to no surprise to me.

I am not taking it. Said my reasons why.  Don't care if I won't be able to participate in society or be cut off from it all.

Granted, even if you are not a Christian and don't see this as the motb, there's a fair chance messing with the genetics of
90% of the world and making the human body into a drug factory will not lead to good in the long run....so if you don't take it, and stay human 1.0, you actually you have a chance of living the mad max life.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #21 - Feb 22nd, 2021 at 4:38pm

Human body into a drug factory? I wish we could do that! Would make my job a hell of a lot easier. I still have to give them out by hand and convince demented old ladies that they do really have to take their blood pressure medicine and no I'm not trying to poison them, I'm trying to prevent them from having a stroke.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #22 - Feb 22nd, 2021 at 4:43pm

Technically the human body is a drug factory. You know all those scary drugs people take? All they do is tell your brain to pump out more of certain chemicals.

That being said J. I agree that is scary as hell. I don’t want to set a precedent where an entire people are excommunicated from society.

Any unscrupulous leader (arent they all?) could use that once the precedent is set to do...horrible things.

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #23 - Feb 22nd, 2021 at 5:37pm

It's what they planned from the beginning, it is clear for all eyes who can see. People who refuse the shot will be excommunicated from all layers of society eventually. It's going to happen pretty quickly, but at differerent rates of acceleration per country. It's very dystopian, but it's clear. So if you don't want this injection, you start preparing now, but it's late on the clock. I don't even have a smart phone  Grin qr codes? Go to hell. I hope I will find my way into a commune, but if I have to give my life for the One who died for me I will rejoice in that.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #24 - Feb 22nd, 2021 at 5:54pm

While I dont talk about my faith much I love the Lord too and love the principles that are inspired by him.

I know some see that as archaic but everyone of us chooses to love and emulate something. Might as well go with the person saying "God is Love". Works for me.

However Ive had many, many spiritual experiences in my life. Some...not one person here would believe if I said them.

That being said I think guidance is given in proportion to the need. I dont think anyone who is listening daily will be let to make an unredeemable decision. God is not a robot after all arbitrarily damning people for doing something unaware. God is Love.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #25 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 7:27am

AncientCraftwork wrote on Feb 22nd, 2021 at 4:27pm:
Israel, the first country where you won't be able to enter a supermarket without it, comes to no surprise to me.

I am not taking it. Said my reasons why.  Don't care if I won't be able to participate in society or be cut off from it all.

Granted, even if you are not a Christian and don't see this as the motb, there's a fair chance messing with the genetics of
90% of the world and making the human body into a drug factory will not lead to good in the long run....so if you don't take it, and stay human 1.0, you actually you have a chance of living the mad max life.

Vaccines started use in 1798 and the principle that underlies them was used even earlier. That's 200+ years of use and literal millions of lives saved, not to mention a truly huge number of nasty illnesses averted.

After all this time and incredible success why would you think that now we are facing a civilisation ending threat?

I'm sorry but this is nothing more than science-phobia and conspiracy thinking. The vaccine will protect you from a virus, this is what they have always done and the process is well understood. There is massive bureaucratic process around carefully testing these vaccines for negative health effects and they have found to be safe.

The problem is for what you say to be true there has to be an absolutely massive worldwide conspiracy hiding the most bizarre things for no conceivable reason, this mandates a web of lies and deception on an unprecedented scale without even one single convincing leak or piece of good evidence appearing. Sounds like a nice movie plot but in reality it's just not gonna happen. If you have ever worked in a corporation or any sort of bureaucratic system, you know that they are FULL of fallible people and poor processes, it's pretty much a rule of life that that many people cannot work together in a completely aligned and efficient way without error.
Also, if you have say, 10,000 people in on something then why no leaks? Hell, the NSA/FBI couldn't even stop Snowden leaking their unethical spying habits and the sort of stuff you are talking about would be WAY more contentious and WAY larger than that (which many people already suspected or tacitly agreed with).

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #26 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 5:34pm

If politicians mandated all of us to just even drink milk from the same source I would be highly suspicious the least.
I wouldn't trust even a single hair to them, they would sell it at a discount and I would end up in debt. After that comes a travel ban because I am in debt of a hair.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #27 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 6:44pm

JudoP wrote on Feb 23rd, 2021 at 7:27am:
AncientCraftwork wrote on Feb 22nd, 2021 at 4:27pm:

Vaccines started use in 1798 and the principle that underlies them was used even earlier. That's 200+ years of use and literal millions of lives saved, not to mention a truly huge number of nasty illnesses averted.

After all this time and incredible success why would you think that now we are facing a civilisation ending threat?

I'm sorry but this is nothing more than science-phobia and conspiracy thinking. The vaccine will protect you from a virus, this is what they have always done and the process is well understood. There is massive bureaucratic process around carefully testing these vaccines for negative health effects and they have found to be safe.

The problem is for what you say to be true there has to be an absolutely massive worldwide conspiracy hiding the most bizarre things for no conceivable reason, this mandates a web of lies and deception on an unprecedented scale without even one single convincing leak or piece of good evidence appearing. Sounds like a nice movie plot but in reality it's just not gonna happen. If you have ever worked in a corporation or any sort of bureaucratic system, you know that they are FULL of fallible people and poor processes, it's pretty much a rule of life that that many people cannot work together in a completely aligned and efficient way without error.
Also, if you have say, 10,000 people in on something then why no leaks? Hell, the NSA/FBI couldn't even stop Snowden leaking their unethical spying habits and the sort of stuff you are talking about would be WAY more contentious and WAY larger than that (which many people already suspected or tacitly agreed with).

Awesome! Another chance for me to look looney!

So I do have to disagree with some of this. While you are right about a lot of the assertions you made the fact is that Govts., at least well organized ones, can keep secrets very well when needed. The amount of secrecy that goes on vs the amount that the populace accept as legitimate is pretty shocking really.

One of the big things I disagree with is the idea that one has to actually keep a secret. That’s not the case at all and not as effective as telling it. Whether something is secret or not is irrelevant. The true end goal is to make sure only a small minority believe it regardless of whether it’s in the public or not. Or, and this is not an either/or situation but “or” make those who might believe too afraid to speak out.

So yes, too little information is one way, but even more effectively is too much information. Where there is released way too much information on a subject to where a purposeful apathy is generated in the populace. “Much” more effective than the former.

My Grandfather was a metallurgical engineer working with a company called the Bendix Coorporation in Kansas City during the time that the Manhattan project was going on. Which was an absolutely massive project involving 130,000 people.  He was involved in some of the non-nuclear research in creating a material (if I remember this correctly) to contain the blast of the bomb for just the smallest of a fraction of a second more than they had so it could use more material effectively.

He told me some interesting stuff before he passed. Let me tell you Judo, they can keep secrets when they really want to lol.

On a different note, many years ago the CIA debuted a heart attack gun to Congress to show one of their assassination devices. It would be very foolish to think this was never used on US citizens as well.

https://youtu.be/Uwy56QTV4cs

2 things to keep in mind. This one is low tech enough for them that they felt comfortable openly speaking about it in the 70’s. Imagine what was too sensitive to show then and imagine what they have now. And again this was in the 70’s.

How many reading this post right now realized this existed? I would bet not enough. That’s because people are far too busy to verify everything for themself and this one is not even hid. It’s public record.

I say this because you mentioned Edward Snowden. Trust me, if they wanted him to die without proof and with plausible deniability that guy would’ve been dead a long, long time ago. Not a problem at all.

What if I told someone in the general public that the Joint Chiefs of Staff proposed staging violent extremism in US cities, terroristic attacks on American citizens and just generally planned on killing a bunch of our own people as a way to manipulate the public? Most people today would call me a 911 truther and roll their eyes. Yet no, this actually happened and it’s also part of public record. The only reason and I mean the only reason this did not happen, and this was never known about by anyone but the conspirators is because one man named John F. Kennedy said no. That’s it. One guy made that call and thank God he did.

So nothing as far as power plays would shock me anymore. I’m sure there are ways to sneak things in a vaccine without people knowing, or guide the public reaction to dismiss all such claims without further thought.

Ok..now, having said all that, understand “I” personally think the whole thing is hogwash. It stinks to high heaven. But I need to play the devil’s advocate here for J because he’s sort of flying solo a bit lately lol. So basically what I’m saying is that while this may be bunk, the ideas that might lead one to believe it are rock solid.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #28 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 8:07pm

First, I will not get vaccinated  for anything. I have been shot up enough. Small pox, polio and tb in grade school. A minimum  of 20 more in the army. I think the first three worked. Don't know what the next twenty were for.
What is lost on me is that if you have been vaccinated , why would you care if I was. Are you not  now immune?

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #29 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 8:13am

From what I understand the Covid vaccination won't make you immune.  It increases your chances of survival a great deal when you eventually catch it. Which everyone will sooner or later.  It isn't going away.  It's here and it's a part of us for keeps. 
    Personally I am very grateful for vaccinations.  They have wiped scourges from the earth.  I hate to think what humanity would be right now without them.
    Anyway, I got my second shot on Saturday night.  Sunday and Monday were OK. Just a slightly sore arm on Monday.  By Monday night I thought I was home free.... next to no symptoms for 48 hours.  Tuesday morning it got me.  For me it's not anywhere near as bad as say the flu.  I've been through far worse than this.  Hopefully it'll be over in a day or two.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)