Send Topic Print
Covid Vaccine (Read 4765 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Covid Vaccine
Feb 4th, 2021 at 12:33am

I got my first Covid shot last week.  I get the second dose on the 20th.  It's about taking the most logical course of action.  Yes, it's an experimental vaccine and there are risks involved.  If ever there is a time to get an experimental vaccine it's during a global pandemic.  I am more concerned about Covid than the vaccine.
     I actually know people who seriously believe that the vaccine contains Star Trek  type Borg nanoprobes that will be used to track and control the population.  The ignorance and stupidity of those around me is mind numbing and exasperating. Also very depressing.
    The scene at the vaccination site was surreal because the regular army was controlling the distribution.  It was like something from a SciFi movie.  Personally I found the fact that our military was there comforting.  There was no way ignorant moron anti-vaxer protesters were closing this site down.
     I had heard that the day after the shot I'd get a ball in my muscle where I got the needle and my arm would be useless for a while.  Nothing like that happened.  I could feel the shot in my head right away and both roomy Mike, who got his shot at the same time, and I didn't sleep well that night.  Other than that there have been no effects so far.
     So anyway I took the leap and started the vaccinations.  Only time will tell if this was the right move but from my vantage point as a fat old man with asthma it definitely seems the most logical choice.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Covid Vaccine
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2021 at 3:00am

Great to hear Ratman! Did you get any fever or flu symptoms? I had an awful time the day after the second shot. First one I just got an achey arm for a couple of hours, second one put me in bed the whole day with a fever. After that one day I was fine though so wasn't too bad. I can tell you, having now cared for COVID patients, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as actual COVID.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2021 at 12:08pm

some people are afraid of sci-fi horror crap.
distribution site looks like it was from a sci-fi movie.

Not sure you're helping your case there RM Grin

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2021 at 1:37pm

I didn't get any fever or flu symptoms with the first shot, Kick.  I'll let you know how I make out with the second.
    ps, the army was courteous and did a very good, professional job of doling out the vaccine.  There was nothing scary or threatening about them and no weapons were displayed.  I just found the army's presence there surprising.  It's not what I expected.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2021 at 2:19pm

I was just pointing the juxtaposition in your account. Life's too short not to laugh.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 1:17am

Glad to hear it, RM. I too hope to get vaccinated when there are enough available, but I'm pretty low risk so it's unlikely to happen for a while.

John R.

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 8:52am

FYI, By Legal or scientific definition the COVID "VAX" is not actually a vaccine. It is a delivery system to place non-human genetic material into the human cells and as one doctor explains:"Once in the cells, the genetic material interacts with our transfer RNA (tRNA) to make a foreign protein that supposedly teaches the body to destroy the virus being coded for. Note that these newly created proteins are not regulated by our own DNA, and are thus completely foreign to our cells. What they are fully capable of doing is unknown." Real science is not always what the media presents.  food for thought

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 12:32pm

Really the worst thing from my shot was pain in the arm and an itching sensation as the spines sprouted.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 3:10pm

David_T wrote on Feb 5th, 2021 at 8:52am:
FYI, By Legal or scientific definition the COVID "VAX" is not actually a vaccine. It is a delivery system to place non-human genetic material into the human cells and as one doctor explains:"Once in the cells, the genetic material interacts with our transfer RNA (tRNA) to make a foreign protein that supposedly teaches the body to destroy the virus being coded for. Note that these newly created proteins are not regulated by our own DNA, and are thus completely foreign to our cells. What they are fully capable of doing is unknown." Real science is not always what the media presents.  food for thought

I hate to break it to you David but if you eat meat you are constantly ingesting proteins that your DNA does not regulate and are completely foreign to your body.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #9 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 10:00pm

Kick wrote on Feb 5th, 2021 at 3:10pm:
David_T wrote on Feb 5th, 2021 at 8:52am:

I hate to break it to you David but if you eat meat you are constantly ingesting proteins that your DNA does not regulate and are completely foreign to your body.

Be that as it may, as I stated in my opening, this is my most logical course of action.  It's not a perfect solution; more like an emergency stop gap measure.  We have a global pandemic with no end in sight from an ever mutating virus.  Maybe my brain will turn to tapioca and I'll grow gills but weighing everything the vaccine seems my best choice at this time.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #10 - Feb 6th, 2021 at 8:12am

https://www.bbc.com/news/54893437

I hate to leave lies uncontested so here's a quick article that debunks some of the nonsense being spread about. I know people will simply explain it away that it's the work of a cabal of peadophilic reptilian Illuminati Satanists but if your already that far gone I doubt I could change your mind about anything...
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2021 at 9:12am by Kick »  

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #11 - Feb 10th, 2021 at 6:34am

Got my first shot. no mutations so far.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #12 - Feb 10th, 2021 at 9:50am

I love today's SMBC.  Basically pointing out that you're not important enough for them to track with an expensive microchip.

https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/gates

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #13 - Feb 11th, 2021 at 11:09pm

Right. And as far as controlling our brains they've already proven that can be done very cheaply with TV.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #14 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 1:19pm

Rat Man wrote on Feb 11th, 2021 at 11:09pm:
   Right. And as far as controlling our brains they've already proven that can be done very cheaply with TV.

It's incredibly depressing how accurate this is.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man)