Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Are You Happy Where You Live? (Read 1836 times)
vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: Are You Happy Where You Live?
Reply #15 - Feb 4th, 2021 at 6:46pm

I only ever been to Milwaukee once, on a day trip. But i been trying to get to Alaska for over a decade. I tell my gf if we ever breakup. Thats where i am going.lol she is welcome to join, but has a few rules. I never set foot in AK, but that was the furthest i could get away from NJ, and still be in the states. Then as i gre older i got into homesteading.  I still lurk on a couple alaska forums, and read everything i can find.  I like the dold due to it keeping people away

IP Logged

brokeOkie
Tiro

It’s slinging time!

Oklahoman in N. China
Reply #16 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 7:40am

That lighthouse life sounds pretty awesome!  You should totally go for it, Sarosh.  I’ve always felt that anywhere near the sea would fit me just fine.  Maybe that’s just the dreams of a guy growing up in landlocked Oklahoma, and now living in a landlocked province in Northern China.  I find myself somewhat wearied of being away from home now for almost 5 years, but also not sure how well Oklahoma would fit at this point either.  Maybe that riverside life back home would suffice enough.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #17 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 8:26am

The only thing more dangerous than being a lighthouse keeper is being one that sleep walks.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Chris)