Peloton and Such (Read 2073 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Peloton and Such
Reply #15 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 3:20pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jan 24th, 2021 at 12:05pm:
I’m pretty sure Richard Simmons single-handedly ruined the idea of workout videos for everyone.

Yeah.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #16 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 12:26pm

The bottom line is that either you're the type to work out or you're not.  It doesn't really matter what you do; play Basketball, swim, Handball, free weights, Karate etc.  As long as you do it regularly it will get you in shape.
    People generally believe that spending money on something will inspire them to improve themselves.  90% of all expensive home exercise machines end up as coat hangers.  I suspect that 90% of those who subscribe to Peloton will quit after two months.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #17 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 12:43pm

Rat Man wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 12:26pm:
    The bottom line is that either you're the type to work out or you're not.  It doesn't really matter what you do; play Basketball, swim, Handball, free weights, Karate etc.  As long as you do it regularly it will get you in shape.
    People generally believe that spending money on something will inspire them to improve themselves.  90% of all expensive home exercise machines end up as coat hangers.  I suspect that 90% of those who subscribe to Peloton will quit after two months. 

Oh for sure but it will give them a great conversation starter and a trendy selfie backdrop. Oh my our culture has become so very strange. At work we have a gym. If I had just one of our all in one machines that would be fine for me. That and and the free weights I have and a treadmill. But that would end up taking up a considerable portion of my shop which means its not going to happen. Crafting > Life

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #18 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 3:16pm

Anybody remember Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ? Final book where Arthur went to see the guy who lived outside indoors. He finally cracked when toothpicks complete with instructions for use arrived.
Peloton, sorry, I will make fun of it. What sort of moron spends 2 and a half grand on a piece of kit he can't use for anything else ( sorry ladies IDK female for moron)  to get hot and sweaty in his living space when for 10% of that he could have something called a bicycle ( I know, such a quaint name)  on which he could get exercise, fresh air and have the joy of interacting with humans.
Ditto, running machines and to a lesser extent rowing machines.
It's called real life (and real ale) for a reason.
Cheers,
Zud👍

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.
BE SAFE,    BE SMILEY,   BE STRANGE

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner)