Send Topic Print
Totally Unique Talents (Read 50 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Totally Unique Talents
Jan 13th, 2021 at 12:27pm

This thread is about talents that very few have.  I'll start the ball rolling.  I can fit an impossible amount of food in my mouth at once.  Big deal?  Not long ago I shocked and  disgusted my bowling team be eating a large slice of pizza in one bite.  I can literally eat a Big Mac in one bite.  My all time record was when I was drunk out of my mind about thirty year ago and a friend's wedding reception.  I ate a whole loaf of bread in one bite.  I doubt I could do that sober.  I don't remember much of that night afterward.  My younger sister Donna has the same ability.  I once watched her eat eight big sandwich cookies in one bite.  I'll  admit it's not much of a talent, but I've never seen anyone else match it.
    So, keeping it clean, what strange or unique ability do you have?

IP Logged

Morphy
Interfector Viris Spurii

Checkmate

Re: Totally Unique Talents
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 8:46pm

My unique and totally worthless talent is the ability to make up the craziest crap on the fly. Conversations are never boring with me except when they are. I'm also possibly one of the loudest introverts you'll ever meet.† So while I can get my point across fairly well in type, talking is a feast or famine. Either I'm super quick with comebacks or I have days where I just don't feel like talking. Which is fine. I'm also a fairly decent non-fiction writer.

In high school I was failed on an essay because she felt only a professional writer could've written it. Not a teenager. Essentially a not so nice way of saying "you're too stupid to write this." I still get the warm fuzzies when I think of it.

In the same vein I've read lots of older fiction and non-fiction so at times if I'm not careful I slip into speaking what essentially amounts to early 1900s quasi-academic style of speaking. In other words my vocabulary sometimes slips into a different time period.

This was a big problem when I first started working with criminal offenders in 2014. I literally didn't even speak the same language as Crips from Oakland lol. I was way too formal.† Anyways eventually I adopted† some of their coarser phrasing but it's now mixed with the weirdo speak which makes it even stranger.† †Grin

And of course working with Firefighters hasn't helped either lol.

Ya I'm crazy. Crazy like a fox!...ish.

IP Logged

Kilisi

Hard & Fast

Polynesia
Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 10:04pm

Morphy wrote on Jan 13th, 2021 at 8:46pm:
I literally didn't even speak the same language as Crips from Oakland

With any gibberish speakers I've found the best method is to speak slowly and succinctly while hitting and jabbing them with your umbrella at each syllable.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 10:32pm

I can totally picture you surrounded by a bunch of street thugs, endeavoring to put on a show of your pugilistic prowess Morphy Grin

My super power is the ability to recall obscure movie and television references that nobody else remembers. Itís usually from shows other people have seen, but somehow I just remember things that donít make a lasting impression on 99.9% of humanity. Things like the Conan the Librarian scene in the Weird Al movie UHF.† Just try looking someone straight in the eye and slowly saying ďDonít you know the Dewey Decimal System?Ē in your best Arnold Schwarzenegger voice, and see how many blank stares YOU get!

For reference...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHbdoO7uCkk
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2021 at 10:39pm by NooneOfConsequence »  

ďMy final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!† Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!ď† -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Chris, Curious Aardvark) - (Moderator Group: Forum Moderator)