Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Incan star mace material (Read 316 times)
MirkoSling
Tiro

Marichiweu

Texas
Incan star mace material
Jan 11th, 2021 at 11:17am

I've never really fashioned anything this big out of stone and as a first project I was thinking of making an Incan stone mace. I don't have much experience with this type of stuff so I have no idea what material the head is made of. Some people say its made of flint but I feel as if those glass like rocks are too brittle to be used as a mace head. Does anyone know what types of stone I can use or is flint perfectly fine.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Incan star mace material
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 3:14pm

The photo looks like granite.  Granite is probably a good place to start, but you could probably even do a decent replica even using some concrete formulation, maybe impregnated with some fibrous material to make it less brittle.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Rat Man)