Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
will there be an internatinal in 2021 ? (Read 7231 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: will there be an internatinal in 2021 ?
Reply #30 - Sep 2nd, 2021 at 6:51am

if you go back to the origins of martial arst with the monks.
Belts and levels were not a thing.
Maybe I just know a little more about it than you do.

And no I'm not after fast food.
I'm after the complete banquet.

There is room in the slinging world for everything. The historical aspect, the re-enactors, the sling golf players, the people throwing balls for dogs.

It should encompass ALL aspects of slinging.
Not just the limited few the balearic federation concentrates on.

Never said you hate anyone.
But you don't like pep.  That's a simple fact.
I'm kinda ambiguous myself.
Pep is a pure politician, NOT a slinger.

It took me 5 years of solid nagging before he picked up a sling at the international.

But when you look at just how few balearic slingers there are left in the islands.
Maybe it's time for a politician and not a slinger to run things.
Slingers have not done a very good job.

I'm doing my best to save the sport - by ignoring popular sling usage, all you are doing is condeming it to death as a sport

As far as 'savior of the sling'.

Not so much.
Just trying to expand the number of people using them and increase the awareness of slings in the world in general.
And you cannot do that by just concentrating on a single small area.
You have to try and encompass the whole.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #31 - Sep 2nd, 2021 at 6:59am

Anyway - latest on covid regulations from the uk.

You need both a covid pass AND a recent negative test to leave the country and the same to get back in.

Not sure if you can get away with a free test before you fly, or if you have to pay for one at the airport - in which case you're looking at around £40 for a quick test at the airport.

So around £160 including the test in ibiza.
Ibiza is still on the amber list.

It will all be reviewed in another three weeks.

And as ibiza is on the uk amber list, it could go either way: over to green or back into red.

mainland spain has now been put back in the red zone after being on amber.
And holidays and many flights already booked have now been cancelled by some holiday companies.

So definitely not booking flights until the next review.

And according to everything I;ve read - flights will just get cheaper.
So definitely not rushinging into this.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #32 - Sep 2nd, 2021 at 7:48pm

it's a shame that you don't understand  why was Pep fired?  do you know that?  and again the question.  do you know who is president now?  there is a great deal of movement in the Federacio.  much was blocked by Pep.  because it was of no use to him.  unfortunately that is a fact.  the fact that there are only a few slingers left is also a failure of Pep.  It's also frightening that we have known each other for so many years and that you know so little about me.  As far as I'm concerned, everyone can sing as they want.  I just despise using living goals.  i train kids.  we have developed many unusual methods and games for sling.  i can do a lot more than just reenactment or balearic.  As far as I'm concerned, you can play with your sling as much as you want.  but one thing is certain.  you cannot combine the whole buffet into a single competition.  there you have to make a limited selection.  and if you want, you can organize competitions in sling golf or underwater slinging.  anyone can do that.  why is this being asked of the Balearic Islands.  they shoot a Diane.  and they have set rules for this kind of competition.  this is the case in every sport.  they cannot play by hand in football.  they are also not allowed to play without shoes.  and oh poopy, even the gate has a fixed size.  by the way, monks have a very strict hierarchy.  and they have different characteristics that distinguish them.  that can be a specific hairstyle.  these can be knots in a belt.  But there are also colored belts or colored clothing in traditional martial arts.  there are different student degrees and also master degrees.  yes, even a samurai is not a samurai.  here too there are different levels that can be reached.  what you think you know is wrong

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

funditor
Descens

Ceteram censeo, rem funditam
esse

Vienna, Austria
Reply #33 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 2:07am

What is the issue?
Pep is still coordinator for international agendas in the federacio, even if he is not the president.
There is no president currently.
Elections are in November.
Pep was not fired, his designed period ended.
He runs for president again.
The voters will decide who is the new president.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2021 at 3:07am by funditor »  

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #34 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:32am

Exactly Smiley

And quite frankly, does it really matter ?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #35 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:59am

Jaegoor I do know you quite well.
And you're doing great things with plenty of variety.

As far as I can see all we're arguing about is the Balearic sling federation, something neither if us has any influence over.
So a bit pointless really.

If you go back to the very roots of martial arts, it boiled down to a master and a select few students.

The while level system, certainly in Chinese martial arts, only really came into being when masters started taking on paying students.
Probably a few hundred years ago, and most of those paying students were never taught the deep martial art.

That's the school I trained for 20 odd years. Under a master who's head of system was a living national treasure if China. The system traces its roots back beyond the popularisation of martial arts.
So by all means argue with Kim. I'm not going to.

As far as a banquet goes.
It's a lot of different foods and dishes that come together into a harmonious whole.

What I want is for All aspects of slinging to work together.

People who like the historical aspects, talking to people using slings in a more modern context.

At the moment everyone is sitting in different rooms eating just the one dish.

Target slinging us fun, but a very small part of the total slinging world.

To increase the number of target slingers, first people need to know that slinging still exists in the modern world.

One of the main reasons slinging is dying our in the Balearic Islands is that they keep it to themselves.

We've all talked to tourists in Mallorca, none of whom have ever known that slinging events were happening. And quite a lot of native mallorcans probably don't know either.

One thing pep has done is to take slinging into schools - like Christian has done in Austria.
To educate the natives about their national sport.

It's a start.

To me it's obvious that the next step is to advertise the tournament's and competitions to the tourists and locals alike.
So they go home and think. 'that slinging was fun, I wonder if I can do it in my country'.

At the moment the answer is usually, no they can't.

In order to change that, the whole slinging world needs to work together.

That's a banquet: something for everyone.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #36 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 12:34pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:32am:
Exactly Smiley

And quite frankly, does it really matter ?

This is where I am. I don't really know or care about any politics going on over there. I don't side with the federation or Pep, if there's even a real conflict.

The fact of the matter is there's an international sling competition/meet and I want to be there.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #37 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 2:33pm

exactly Smiley

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #38 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 4:47pm

then do.  i'm out of there.  Pep was not fired from the Federacio.  he was dismissed from the Balearic governor administration.  he should have organized elections.  and he didn't.  he should have presented financial records for the past seven years.  and he didn't.  there is currently a temporary president.  So Pep represents Pep.  he is not allowed to give official titles.  not even because he was not allowed to use the name Mateo.  yes. an international meeting is good.  but not at any cost.  and the price is too high for me.  to accept an invitation to give a man political prestige?  in this form ?  no.  an international meeting at the time of a worldwide pandemic?  also no.  I prefer to shoot with friends and kids in Germany.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

CrazyBrave333
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Reply #39 - Sep 7th, 2021 at 12:23am

I dont understand why there is this back and forth arguing...

Surely as members of this forum we can agree on one thing... conflicts are best settled one on one... one person suited up in armor, the other with a staff and sling...

Seriously- its conflict management 101!

JK - hope noone takes offence - just trying to lighten the mood

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #40 - Sep 7th, 2021 at 7:28am

Some people view politics as important.

Some of us don't.

Given that anyone can hold a meeting and call it 'the world championships'
And be as valid as anyone else, frankly who cares.

It's a place to meet old and new friends, who share our obsession with this ancient tool.

Ibiza is a fantastic island, the ibizans are great people.
And at the end of the day, all of that is more important than any petty political bickering.

However with the way covid seems to be going,  I have no clue if I'll be able to make it or not yet.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #41 - Sep 7th, 2021 at 10:34am

Same for me. I really really want to go but I'll be a British person moving between two EU companies. I don't think it would complicate things that much, but it might. I need to do some research before I can say I can go. It might end up too complicated to work it out.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #42 - Sep 7th, 2021 at 11:56am

Well you'll need a negative lateral flow test within 3 days of travelling.
That has to be an ibizan entry requirement.
And a fair bet Finland will require the same for re-entry.

Find out any Finland specific requirements as well. You might have to isolate for a set period.

I'm guessing each country is different.

I think I'm pretty much decided that I'll only go if Ibiza moves from the amber zone into the green.
I have absolutely no clue what the criteria is, I honestly don't think anyone except the govt flunky who makes the decision knows.the current best guess is that he's blindfolded, spun round three times, and then throws a series of darts at a map of Europe to pick a country
Then at a giant rainbow to pick a colour.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #43 - Sep 8th, 2021 at 3:19am

My dad has been over here for two weeks and in that time Finland went from amber to green... and nothing changed. All the same restrictions. There doesn't seem to be any difference.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #44 - Sep 8th, 2021 at 8:47am

lol that doesn't surprise me. Quote:

Not sure if the colours are for people travelling to or from a country.

The websites are pretty vague on all of it.
Okay this looks current:
Quote:
What are the rules for green-list countries?

Nobody has to self-isolate after visiting countries on the green list.

Returning from a green-list destination, you must:

Take a Covid-19 test before departure and have proof of a negative result
    Book a test for day two after your return (children aged four and under do not need to take these)
    Complete a passenger locator form

You only need to self-isolate on return from these countries if your day two test is positive, you develop symptoms or NHS Test & Trace says you've travelled with someone who tested positive.

Quote:
What are the rules for returning from an amber-list country?

The vast majority of countries are on the amber list.

Adults fully vaccinated in the UK, the US and most European countries don't have to self-isolate upon arrival in the UK.

A Covid test is needed three days before returning from an amber country, and a PCR test two days after arriving.

Adults who are not fully vaccinated need to take an additional PCR test on or after day eight.

Under-18s do not have to self-isolate. In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, children aged 10 and under don't have to test before travel, but do need to take one two days after arrival. Those aged four and under don't need any tests.

In Scotland, children over 12 have to take tests before returning home, and on day two.

Quote:
What are the rules for red-list countries?

Red-list countries are those the UK government says present the highest Covid risk, and should not be visited "except in the most extreme of circumstances".

Dozens of countries are on the red list, including Pakistan, Turkey, Brazil and South Africa. If you have been in one in the last 10 days, you can only enter the UK if you are a UK or Irish national, or UK resident.

Returning from a red-list country - regardless of your vaccination status - you must:

Take a Covid-19 test before departure and have proof of a negative result
    Complete a passenger locator form
    Self-isolate for 10 days in a government-approved quarantine hotel, booked and paid for in advance

Rates are:

10 days (11 nights) for one adult - £2,285
    Additional adult (12 and over) - £1,430
    Children aged five to 11 - £325

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, LightSlinger, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Chris)