Send Topic Print
My work (Read 3068 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: My work
Reply #15 - Jan 25th, 2021 at 11:48am

vetryan15 wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 10:53am:
I think i might have to make a small one for you to try this year at some point.  But i am hesitant on the customs shipping it though.

You might have better luck shipping to the UK if it is labeled as a historical replica.  I know that's a common thing when people in the UK buy swords.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #16 - Jan 25th, 2021 at 6:21pm

Thats a good idea, i remember a few years ago. I did send a old antique knife to England.  Unfortunately i forgot what i wrote on the customs form. I believe itt was along the lines of 'camping knife' he did receive it, though.

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #17 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 10:25am

vetryan15 wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 6:21pm:
Thats a good idea, i remember a few years ago. I did send a old antique knife to England.  Unfortunately i forgot what i wrote on the customs form. I believe itt was along the lines of 'camping knife' he did receive it, though.

Matt Easton of Schola Gladitoria on YouTube is an active sword collector in the UK and recently warned everyone not to use FedEx to ship any blades into or around the UK.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Chris, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark)