Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
First order of business 21 - vote for christian (Read 4336 times)
Peashooter
Tiro

Have fun Storming the
Castle!

Re: First order of business 21 - vote for christian
Reply #30 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 2:27am

Voted  Smiley

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
past-moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #31 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 11:05am

Me, too. 

C_A, have you or anyone who posts on here met him at any of the competitions you have attended?  Or anyone from his team?

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #32 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 11:43am

I have! All the Austrians were good fun and damn good slingers.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

David Morningstar
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

UK
Reply #33 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 2:53pm

Absolutely, he is a mainstay of the Mallorca international and at the center of the parties in the evening.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #34 - Jan 7th, 2021 at 7:44am

Bill Skinner wrote on Jan 6th, 2021 at 11:05am:
Me, too. 

C_A, have you or anyone who posts on here met him at any of the competitions you have attended?  Or anyone from his team?

yep, many times Smiley

he brought a team of women with him 2019.
Christian is one of the best ambassadors for slinging in the world.

And just about the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

He also speaks at least 4 languages fluently and reads a LOT more.

we were having a conversation one year and he suddenly switched to german (my german has improved no end since I've ben going to the inetrnationals). Then suddenly looked puzzled and said: ' did I just say that last bit in german ? '

Plus he's a walking distillery.
His pine infused austrian speciality liquer is both exactly like you expect it to be and also quite different. 

It doesn't look like we'll beat the table tennis bloke or the go karting kid. But christian won't be last Smiley

He has an interesting side hobby.
He goes down hill on - basically a small wooden paltform with wheels. A bit like the wheeled equivalent of the louge.
Now bear in mind that christian is around 6 foot 4 and probably weighs over 300lbs.
Now imagine that coming at you down a steep slope on an austrian mountainside.

One of the fun parts of the international is walking through the island festival (think a giant farmers market stretching for a mile in every direction) with three guys dressed as barbarians.
Christian is the one on the left with the dead sheep across his shoulders.
Uwe (hubert) is the one with bare feet and diego from carthagnia is on the right. diego and christian are both very tall guys.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #35 - Jan 7th, 2021 at 9:44am

He definitely seems like a nice bloke.
Too bad that we seem not able to win him the vote.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #36 - Jan 7th, 2021 at 10:00am

If you've been to the balearics comp then you will have met Christian. He's a good guy, I recall back in 2019 drinking fine whiskey from cut in half water bottles with him and the other Austrian team members. Got a photo around somewhere but sadly it seems to have been lost to cyberspace.

FWIW I've voted 4 times  Wink

IP Logged

funditor
Descens

Ceteram censeo, rem funditam
esse

Vienna, Austria
Reply #37 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 2:26pm

Thank you very much for your support and your kind words!   I miss you also a lot and hope to meet again soon ! You are The Best and so much fun to hang around and sling with 🤘
Only now did I notice the thread, the last three weeks in our house had more of a hospital than of a holiday season...

Winning this would be one of the best achievements in the slinging sport so far! 👍

It might still be possible, even a few people can do this. My guess is that the kart people also found this out.

There seem to be only few restrictions actually.
On one device with one browser in one WiFi a vote is possible every 1-2 hours
With a different browser immediate voting is possible on the same device.
On another device immediate voting with the same browser is possible
ReCaptcha pauses after 50 or so votes in a day within my WiFi, but not from my phone.

In theory with my mobile, my old mobile and my tablet all having installed 15 browsers (with more than 1 mio downloads and min. 4 stars) there are many votes possible. I stopped the time, I need about a minute for a vote including the "heartily beloved" ReCaptcha. Maybe this helped overtake the runner...
Practically I have to work or care about sick people in my family most of the time and can do this only in the early morning and late evening.

The codec says I am about 1000 votes, so the kart an tabletennis have so about 3000?
Extrapolationg this by 29th of January this is 5-10.000 votes to win, meaning someone spent this amount in minutes voting.

This is plausible for a  large table tennis club, but the kart guy is a solo sportsman and he or his dad surely found this out too...

So With some support for the slinging sport we may still do it, as this is the best slinging forum ever. We can make ourselves heart and enter the stage... So for any of you putting effort in this I am gratly thankful.

This would be a small step for a man, but a giant leap for slinging. 😊

IP Logged

funditor
Descens

esse

Vienna, Austria
Reply #38 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 3:02pm

The Link for the promo Video is in German but still worth seeing
First part is explaining the sheer power of this so simple seeming weapon, the last part explaining the team history in Austria. My very start was 17 years ago, I got infected with slinging fever on this very Forum, the beloved slinging.org page.
https://youtu.be/AIKr9a1zSMw
We were asked to make a one minute video so we did our best despite Corona, being locked out or our main trakning site... So we did it in my garden. As I wanted to show our team polo shirt, I did not wear a jacked. We started filming right after the snowing paused 🤪
In the mid is a SloMo stone explosion on the diana, after me explaining the cheer of the crowd when a hit occurs 😅 You can be assured only minor injuries happend when recording it 😉
Gerald the camera man encountered a wooden board rebound from short distance between the legs... We are crazy about slinging 😃 No worries, he recovered already... He is a mason, he knows how to handle stones 😉

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #39 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 3:19pm

Christian

great video, you can feel the energy even though i dont speak German. Maybe next year we can get you to be #1. Congratulations on even being chosen. Very impressive. I definitely would  wear that shirt everywhere i went. Looks good

IP Logged

theguywitheyebrows
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Hobbs, NM
Reply #40 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 8:49pm

voted. his sling is gnarly! stiff and the split pouch wasn't overlapped the way im used to. very cool.

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #41 - Jan 10th, 2021 at 6:01am

Don't worry Christian! We'll all keep voting just for you. I'm voting at least once a day.
Those pesky mariokarts probably stay up voting all night.

Is slinging huge in Austria? I would never guess that any country could have an entire team of slingers come together.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #42 - Jan 10th, 2021 at 7:49am

Slyngorm wrote on Jan 10th, 2021 at 6:01am:

You could write a script and automate the voting every few minutes... maybe they did that?

IP Logged

funditor
Descens

esse

Vienna, Austria
Reply #43 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 3:05pm

vetryan15 wrote on Jan 9th, 2021 at 3:19pm:
Christian

great video, you can feel the energy even though i dont speak German. Maybe next year we can get you to be #1. Congratulations on even being chosen. Very impressive. I definitely would  wear that shirt everywhere i went. Looks good

Thank you, being chosen s already really nice!

I made 2 of the shirts, maybe I might even make more of them. This isthe mens team shirt
One of the best things istheback, i will try to find a picture of it

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #44 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 4:44pm

a wrote on Jan 10th, 2021 at 7:49am:
Slyngorm wrote on Jan 10th, 2021 at 6:01am:

You could write a script and automate the voting every few minutes... maybe they did that?

The captcha will stop a script from doing just that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15, Chris, Rat Man, Kick, joe_meadmaker)