IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Re: Hello.
Reply #16 - Jan 3rd, 2021 at 3:33pm

Many thanks Rat Man  🍌👍🏼

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.
BE SAFE,    BE SMILEY,   BE STRANGE

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #17 - Jan 4th, 2021 at 4:53pm

xud9a - call me zud 👍 wrote on Jan 1st, 2021 at 8:12pm:
Greetings NoC, Kick and Tomas,
Thanks for the welcome. Having read over  a few hundred posts since I found this magnificent resource it is much more an impression than absolutes but the most obvious is  a clear statement on the origin of suede.
As to what I'm into, the guy who trained me did everything from water wheel flow gates to leather clocks so I simply dabble and if it's leather I have a pretty good idea of what is what so mainly things like knife sheaths, motorcycle saddles and now sling pouches.
Cheers  👍🍌

Call me impatient but I did a quick keyword search for "suede" Cry on the forum and yours is the only post with that word XUD9A.....
I'd still love to see your own work as you speak with an authoritative manner and it would be presumptuous of me to doubt you.

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #18 - Jan 17th, 2021 at 7:37pm

Greetings Tomas,

Re: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS and Tutorials
Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 6:30am Alert Board Moderator about this Post!
right this comes up a lot - people do not use the search engine properly. Otherwise you would easily be able to find stuff   Wink

You need to change 2 things to get an effective search.

1) change the 'post was made in the last..' to read (allposts)
2) tick the 'one result per thread' box

That's it - that will then search the entire forum and give you a list of relevant threads. If you search for individual posts - you will be swamped with multiple results from individual threads.

While you can search using the members name. bear in mind that many members change their username and the search engine ONLY recognises the names that they originally registered with. So that often does not work.

Suede brings up many results but unfortunately not the post in particular I read.
Be happy👍

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #19 - Jan 17th, 2021 at 8:47pm

Thanks for clearing that up!
Sometimes people make outlandish claims. If you search for the Turkey throw thread I'm sure you will have a good laugh 🙂

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #20 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 8:56pm

One thing I'm happy to admit to is being outlandish 🤓🤓🤓🤓.
I have photographed some of my slings today and will try and post them.in the appropriate thread.... Pictures of slings.
As to Turkey throw 😂🤣

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner)