Send Topic Print
Merry Christmas (Read 1201 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Merry Christmas
Dec 24th, 2020 at 2:39pm

Normally my family gets together at one of my nieces' house. This year because of Covid, which one of my nieces is recovering from,  it will just be the dogs and I.  It is what it is.  The dogs will get bully sticks, squeaky balls, and a sort of tug of war ball.  Their dinner will be boneless chicken breasts with vanilla/caramel ice cream for desert.  I'm sure many of us will be making the best of it.  Merry Christmas everyone!

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: Merry Christmas
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2020 at 3:13pm

Merry Christmas,  that sounds like a dinner i used to eat, i would share with my dog when we couldn't make it to family for the holidays, while  living in north Jersey,  and i had to work.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2020 at 3:34pm

Merry Christmas all. I hope everyone stays safe! Don't forget to slow down and reflect at some point this  holiday season.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Dec 24th, 2020 at 10:28pm

Merry Christmas RM! 

My wife had an eye injury and had to go to a minor emergency clinic a few days ago... and now some family members don’t want to see us on Christmas because the clinic also sees covid patients. This whole pandemic is really complicating things, but we are counting our blessings, which far outweigh our troubles. 

On the food front, we’re are attempting our first ever brisket... 15lbs!  Used the leftover dry rub on grilled salmon today at lunch, and I think the brisket is going to be amazing if I don’t screw up the cooking part too much Smiley

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2020 at 2:06am

NOC good luck, and ouch, hopefully she is healing, thats. Pretty crappy

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2020 at 1:58pm

Merry Christmas everyone!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2020 at 2:28pm

vetryan15 wrote on Dec 25th, 2020 at 2:06am:

It’s ok. We’ll just go see them in a few days if nobody gets sick. My wife’s vision isn’t as blurry now (other than from the exhaustion of being up all night planting false evidence of Santa‘s visit). After 24 hours in the sous vide and another 3 in the oven, the brisket came out pretty decent too!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #7 - Dec 25th, 2020 at 3:09pm

Wishing everyone a great and Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a relaxing day and if you can't be with family, at least can reminisce about good times with them.

John R.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #8 - Dec 25th, 2020 at 8:38pm

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all had fun and a nice Christmas feed

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #9 - Dec 25th, 2020 at 9:41pm

I just got back from the folk's house.  It was a good time considering everything going on.

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and happy holiday!  Merry Christmas!

IP Logged

TOMBELAINE
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

france
Reply #10 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 4:41am

The first Christmas for my first grandson. Cheesy

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #11 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 2:20pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 25th, 2020 at 2:28pm:

It’s ok. We’ll just go see them in a few days if nobody gets sick. My wife’s vision isn’t as blurry now (other than from the exhaustion of being up all night planting false evidence of Santa‘s visit). After 24 hours in the sous vide and another 3 in the oven, the brisket came out pretty decent too!

I've cooked my whole life but never made brisket either.  Yours looks awesome.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #12 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 3:50pm

Rat Man wrote on Dec 26th, 2020 at 2:20pm:
NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 25th, 2020 at 2:28pm:

I've cooked my whole life but never made brisket either.  Yours looks awesome.

I’m definitely going to cook another one soon!   It was pretty tasty for a first attempt. Not too dry, tender, with a crispy exterior.  It was easier than I expected considering that it takes 30+hours to cook.  After eating it for lunch and dinner yesterday, I cooked some in scrambled eggs this morning for breakfast and then again in quesadillas at lunch. So far nobody’s tired of eating brisket!   That’s especially good since we started with 15lbs of meat Smiley

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #13 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 8:57pm

Merry Christmas guys, and best wishes for the coming year from my tribe and I. Stay safe Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Chris, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner)