Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dynamic slinging target concept (Read 1230 times)
a

a

a
Dynamic slinging target concept
Dec 21st, 2020 at 2:37am

Not a lot of heavy rain today after massive flooding at the start of the weekend. So I took the opportunity to start on a dynamic target.

Basically a bullseye on a hinge. So the core works fine. hit the bullseye and it moves according to how hard it's hit. I don't have a load cell or anything else yet and it was just starting to rain so another day. Not going to get too fancy yet anyway. The kids don't care, so long as it's something new and cool Wink

I'm thinking of just something like a strongman game at a fair. Hit the lever and it sends something to hit a bell. In my case I need everything safely behind the target, so it will probably just be a bell that gets hit if it reaches a certain degrees. I haven't put much thought into it yet. Until then the kids are having fun like this.

Just made from wood I had available so not standard measure. The actual bullseye is 20cm diameter.

Action video https://youtu.be/knnPkD7AEBc
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2020 at 3:43am by a »  

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Dynamic slinging target concept
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 5:33am

Scharniere haben bei mir nie lange gehalten. 😁
Versuchen sie ein slinger run
Oder Basketball sling. Dabei muß man übrigens keinen Korb treffen  Tongue

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 5:56am

Jaegoor wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 5:33am:
Scharniere haben bei mir nie lange gehalten.

It's just for the kids and rubber balls, if it breaks I make a new idea. Smiley

It's just for fun Wink

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:41pm

How about the bell is attached to the big static board and makes a sound when the lever falls again after being hit? The more powerful hit, the higher the lever rises, the greater the bell sound.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 1:05pm

Slyngorm wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:41pm:
How about the bell is attached to the big static board and makes a sound when the lever falls again after being hit? The more powerful hit, the higher the lever rises, the greater the bell sound.

Nice idea, at the moment all I have is a couple of old bells off bicycles. So I'm contemplating having one on each side at different heights and a bit of metal on a spring attached to each side of the bullseye. A hit will ring one, a hard hit will ring both, a really hard hit will ring both and pop a flag or something, I don't know yet.

I want to keep it simple and compact. And cheap, so far cost has been next to zero.

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 4:16pm

The lever could be constructed so that if it got a really hard hit it would go all the way up and rest against the top of static board revealing an image painted on its back.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 4:22pm

Slyngorm wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 4:16pm:
The lever could be constructed so that if it got a really hard hit it would go all the way up and rest against the top of static board revealing an image painted on its back.

That's a good idea. It would mean reloading which I don't want to do, because as is it reloads by gravity. But I could definitely make it spring something else up. In fact could probably spring load a line of things up one side which get triggered as the target goes up.... higher the target goes, the more get triggered

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #7 - Dec 24th, 2020 at 6:29am

That is already too mechanical for me to understand but I hope you will make it and show us!

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #8 - Dec 24th, 2020 at 6:36am

https://youtu.be/Z-1V-wnKd9E

Dieses Video war inspiration für mich mal blind zu schleudern. 😁 😂

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #9 - Dec 24th, 2020 at 7:51am

Love it. Bet those kids love it too.  Cheesy

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #10 - Dec 25th, 2020 at 8:20pm

Slyngorm wrote on Dec 24th, 2020 at 6:29am:
That is already too mechanical for me to understand but I hope you will make it and show us!

It's very simple, just a tennis ball on a t-hinge. It gets hit and swings out when the target moves about 45 degrees, but you could have a whole line of these if you want.

45 degrees works well for the kids, it needs a hard hit since they only use tennis balls. It's all pretty robust, so it takes a good whack to move the target.

Picture is the end result of a good hit.

Hit_marker.jpg (58 KB | 11 )
Hit_marker.jpg

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #11 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 6:24pm

Jaegoor wrote on Dec 24th, 2020 at 6:36am:
https://youtu.be/Z-1V-wnKd9E

Dieses Video war inspiration für mich mal blind zu schleudern. 😁 😂

That is funny. I actually could not tell if you were hitting your target in your video while blindfolded. Were you?

a wrote on Dec 25th, 2020 at 8:20pm:
It's very simple, just a tennis ball on a t-hinge. It gets hit and swings out when the target moves about 45 degrees, but you could have a whole line of these if you want.

45 degrees works well for the kids, it needs a hard hit since they only use tennis balls. It's all pretty robust, so it takes a good whack to move the target.

Picture is the end result of a good hit.

This is an interesting idea. I think I understand what is going on. So, could you do multiple tennis balls to record how many hits on target?

John R.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #12 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 7:37pm

IronGoober wrote on Dec 26th, 2020 at 6:24pm:
This is an interesting idea. I think I understand what is going on. So, could you do multiple tennis balls to record how many hits on target?

No, not how I have it set up. you'd need a reload mechanism which is easily doable but not what I'm trying to achieve. Reloading the target is easy as it just reloads automatically with gravity. Reloading the hit flag would be a bit trickier.

If you don't reload it leaves the hit flag out in the open where it might get hit.

You could have a line of hinges up the side, if the target gets hit hard enough to move 20 degrees one hinge is triggered, if 40 degrees 2 hinges, 60 degrees 3 hinges etc,. Which would give you an idea of how hard it's being hit. I have it set for 45 degrees, which needs a hard whack with a tennis ball. We've been playing with it today.

Of course with a denser stone or something it would not need to hit so hard to move the target 45 degrees.

I may tweak it another day, but I only had two hinges left from another project and 5 kids and xmas just finished I'm broke at the moment Tongue So far cost has been zero as it's all wood and hinges I had left over.

I gave up on a bell, the bicycle ones I have aren't loud enough. When the target is hit it makes a bang, a bell is drowned out.
« Last Edit: Dec 26th, 2020 at 9:28pm by a »  

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #13 - Dec 27th, 2020 at 5:33am

I regularly practice blindfolded shooting.  But it is very difficult.  In my group of children, the kids like that

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #14 - Dec 27th, 2020 at 5:36am

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Rat Man, Chris, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Curious Aardvark)