Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
a (Read 15084 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: The Truth about 5G and COVID-19
Reply #180 - Jan 23rd, 2021 at 7:04am

Vaccine update: Oooo boy. It's been quite a few years since I've had a fever. I forgot how not fun they are. Nothing massively high (37.7C/99.86F last night), but the shivers haven't been all that fun. I'm not feeling too bad really, but I do feel "off" despite the fever going down. I'm guessing I'll probably be fine by tomorrow. The positive is that I got to call in sick so no shift for me today and possibly tomorrow (just to be safe) Cheesy

The last time (at least that I remember) I had a fever was when I got norovirus about 12 years ago. That was not fun. I was lying in bed all day and it would come in cycles. I would start feeling worse and worse and worse, drag myself to the bathroom, throw up, feel a bit better, have a glass of water, drag myself back to bed, feel worse and worse and worse, drag myself to the bathroom, throw up and the cycle continued like that all day. I don't remember how hot I got, but it was bad enough that I was delirious. I remember trying to watch the program Come Dine With Me (like a reality show were people go to each other's houses, put on a meal and try to get voted as the best host) and I couldn't follow what was going on in this incredibly formulaic, simple show. That was crazy.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

a

a

a
Re: The Truth about 5G and COVID-19
Reply #181 - Jan 23rd, 2021 at 7:12am

author=664747464D474E4B47465B4D595D4D464B4D280 link=1608369927/185#185 date=1611383670]I’ve outlived 3 of my children. [/quote]
Wow, sorry to hear that bro. This is getting a bit pointless for me, I'll make my way out quietly.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: a
Reply #182 - Jan 23rd, 2021 at 1:59pm

So I guess Kilisi wasn't here for slinging.

Also not sure how going through and removing all your posts is making your way out quietly.  It's actually a fantastic way to draw people's attention.

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #183 - Jan 23rd, 2021 at 2:52pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Jan 23rd, 2021 at 1:59pm:
So I guess Kilisi wasn't here for slinging.

Also not sure how going through and removing all your posts is making your way out quietly.  It's actually a fantastic way to draw people's attention.

Yeah, I'll never understand people who delete everything.  Or try.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #184 - Jan 23rd, 2021 at 3:49pm

Whatever. He can do what he wants.

My fever is gone and I feel much better. All the physical stuff is gone at least. I'm not gonna lie, these past few weeks on top of various things that happened last year, have taken their toll. I wasn't expecting this latest guy's death to hit me as hard as it has. I was already thinking I needed to change up jobs but this is really confirming it for me. We lost 9 residents last year before we even got corona. That was really tough. Now, with two gone and at the very least one more going in the next few (probably) days, I'm thinking I've had my fill. I've lost count of the number of people I've cared for that have died. I kept up to around 17 or so but now I'm not sure. I used to remember all their names as well. I have colleagues that have been working for like 30 years doing the same sort of job and I think I must be built differently or something, I just take it harder it seems. 5 years has been enough. I've got to be honest, I'm glad it hits me hard. I don't want to get too callous. I don't want to get to a point where I just brush it off too easily. Boy, this thread has been a roller coaster and a half...

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #185 - Jan 23rd, 2021 at 6:15pm

Sort of getting sick of the whole name change function.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #186 - Jan 23rd, 2021 at 9:23pm

Morphy wrote on Jan 23rd, 2021 at 6:15pm:
Sort of getting sick of the whole name change function.

Yeah that’s definitely getting old.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #187 - Jan 23rd, 2021 at 11:44pm

Hmmm probably glad I never followed this thread but also half curious.
Now that half the comments are deleted it's actually impossible to follow  🙄

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #188 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 1:24am

Yeah, I'm really not sure what was said. I followed most of this thread all along and still don't know what just happened.

John R.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #189 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 2:05am

Should get rid of the whole name change, and delet all posts function.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #190 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 5:46am

The problem though is that Kilisi hasn't deleted all of his posts. Like with what J did, some he's edited to just be "a" and so technically he's just edited his post. We'd have to remove the edit function to stop people throwing pathetic hissy fits like this and... I don't even know "covering their tracks"?

I do like the little nugget of humour that this situation has provided. Kilisi portraying himself as some tough, no nonsense, hard ass that got the mildest bit of criticism throwing a tantrum like a toddler, deleting his posts, changing his name and going off for a sulk.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #191 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 6:30am

I miss the glory days when people reveled in their assholery as opposed to running from it.  If you are going to troll isn't it counter productive to hide your tracks? Come on people...

Tomas wrote on Jan 23rd, 2021 at 11:44pm:
Hmmm probably glad I never followed this thread but also half curious.
Now that half the comments are deleted it's actually impossible to follow  🙄

I read the whole thread and I'm still a little fuzzy on the purpose of it.

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #192 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 6:56am

I didn't read this thread from the start so I can't tell what he said but if you, Kilisi, are reading this then I want you to know that I enjoyed your Polynesian perspective and insight into sling hunting and I hope you decide to return some day.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #193 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 8:39am

This isnt towards any single person. But there are people on this forum, that need to just chill. Its the internet.  I don't understand the people who try to act like tough guys, cuz in real life they need a reality check due to attitude.  This forum within the last year, has had a few threads that totally went off the rails.  I personally dont like it. This forum is ome of the very few i am on regularly.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #194 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 9:00am

Kick thank you for sharing with us. I truly enjoy your presence and hope to continue our journey on this forum together.
You've got class my man Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark)