a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 7:22am by a »  

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: The Truth about 5G and COVID-19
Reply #121 - Dec 31st, 2020 at 2:55am

I also am only slightly ribbing. I feel as a healthcare worker, particularly one that works with immunocompromised at risk people, an obligation to challenge inaccurate health misinformation. Sadly that's what I've found all of the "evidence" J has posted to be.

Update:
Last night,  by the time I got to bed, my arm felt basically completely fine.  Now I've woken up,  my arm is hurting a bit,  but still less than the flu vaccine. No fever, no headache. I feel fine.

Now,  quick point I want to make. I don't want anyone to think that if I have a neutral (or positive) experience with this vaccine that I will be using that as evidence that the vaccine is fine and perfectly safe. No. For exactly the same reasons I dismissed the nurse who developed Bell's palsy as being only a singular experience with no causal link to the vaccine, if I have no reaction or very little reaction, that does not, ON ITS OWN, mean the vaccine is safe and fine. My experience is a singular experience, more wide scale studies and monitoring is required to assess the true safety of the vaccine. I wouldn't want to fall into the same traps I argued against. I can speak only for my experience.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #122 - Dec 31st, 2020 at 6:08am

Kick wrote on Dec 31st, 2020 at 2:55am:
I also am only slightly ribbing. I feel as a healthcare worker, particularly one that works with immunocompromised at risk people, an obligation to challenge inaccurate health misinformation. Sadly that's what I've found all of the "evidence" J has posted to be.

Update:
Last night,  by the time I got to bed, my arm felt basically completely fine.  Now I've woken up,  my arm is hurting a bit,  but still less than the flu vaccine. No fever, no headache. I feel fine.

Now,  quick point I want to make. I don't want anyone to think that if I have a neutral (or positive) experience with this vaccine that I will be using that as evidence that the vaccine is fine and perfectly safe. No. For exactly the same reasons I dismissed the nurse who developed Bell's palsy as being only a singular experience with no causal link to the vaccine, if I have no reaction or very little reaction, that does not, ON ITS OWN, mean the vaccine is safe and fine. My experience is a singular experience, more wide scale studies and monitoring is required to assess the true safety of the vaccine. I wouldn't want to fall into the same traps I argued against. I can speak only for my experience.

The internet, generally speaking,  is the mob and the mob has a hard time with nuance. 

I feel the same way if I end up getting a particularly bad case of covid, hell if I die from it. That singular experience doesn't negate the average stats we have on this disease, or the vaccine or anything else.  Let's be balanced here. Honestly if I do end up getting covid I hope it's not too bad because some of the best sleep I've ever had was while sick. Almost makes it worth it. Almost.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #123 - Dec 31st, 2020 at 1:58pm

Another quick update:
Arm muscle has been aching all day. Not unbearably but it's been slightly annoying. Same as the flu vaccine I would say. I haven't taken any paracetamol but I might just before going to bed. Don't want to roll over and get woken up. So far nothing that they didn't warn me about; they straight up said my arm would be hurting so yeah. I expect it will be better by tomorrow. Still no other symptoms, my craving for the flesh of the innocent hasn't increased too much and I'm pretty sure I remember having goat legs before the injection so all good!

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #124 - Dec 31st, 2020 at 2:41pm

Kick wrote on Dec 31st, 2020 at 1:58pm:
Another quick update:
Still no other symptoms, my craving for the flesh of the innocent hasn't increased too much and I'm pretty sure I remember having goat legs before the injection so all good!

Nothing like roast long pig to sate your infernal hunger.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #125 - Dec 31st, 2020 at 3:47pm

Maybe the transformation won't occur until Kick is exposed to the 5G radiation.

(@Kilisi... you're welcome! We'll get this thread back on track eventually Smiley )

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #126 - Jan 1st, 2021 at 12:15am

These are the vaccine shenanigans that I worry about: 57 people were vaccinated with improperly refrigerated doses that aren’t effective... making them think they’re safe from the virus...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/covid-19-vaccine-wisconsin-hospital

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #127 - Jan 1st, 2021 at 8:46am

And there's no way to know if a batch you got was slightly too warm during any part of the process. The logistics of giving this many people a new vaccine is going to lead to some interesting complications.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #128 - Jan 1st, 2021 at 2:58pm

Update: probably final one actually because my arm isn't really hurting at all now. It does a tiny bit if I poke at where I got injected. I feel absolutely fine. I've had no headache, fever or other flu-like symptoms. Only thing I've had is pain in my arm which had reduced so much by the time I went to bed yesterday I didn't even take that paracetamol I was thinking about. I would rate my vaccine experience a 6 out of 10. It would have been higher if I got a lollypop and a more "fun" plaster like when I was kid. I just got a boring one. I would have wanted a Ghostbusters one. That would be cool.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #129 - Jan 1st, 2021 at 6:29pm

a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 7:22am by a »  

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #130 - Jan 1st, 2021 at 8:37pm

Troll alert! Kilisi’s bored again!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #131 - Jan 2nd, 2021 at 6:03am

I support your curiosity 100% Kilisi.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #132 - Jan 2nd, 2021 at 8:43am

China seems intent on pointing fingers anywhere except China. If the virus wasn’t engineered in a lab, who cares where it came from?  It really doesn’t matter if this was some freak incident of nature.

If, however, China engineered it in a lab and released it on the world (accidentally or intentionally), then they would have a good reason to lie about its origins to avoid being held responsible.

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #133 - Jan 2nd, 2021 at 10:26am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jan 2nd, 2021 at 8:43am:
China seems intent on pointing fingers anywhere except China. If the virus wasn’t engineered in a lab, who cares where it came from?  It really doesn’t matter if this was some freak incident of nature.

If, however, China engineered it in a lab and released it on the world (accidentally or intentionally), then they would have a good reason to lie about its origins to avoid being held responsible. 

You have to understand Chinese psychology and "loss of face." 

They have tiny penises and low self esteem.  When you accuse them of wrongdoing, they instinctively curl into a ball and start to cry.

Okay, that last sentence was a big of an exaggeration, but the small carrot and low self esteem stuff is completely true.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #134 - Jan 2nd, 2021 at 11:14am

It doesn't need to be engineered for them to blame other countries. It's the same as North Korea. Everything has to be perfect and a large component of this is the Chinese food culture and large number of exotic animal wet markets. It's a bad look. People are saying China is dirty, that they're disgusting for eating those animals, that they're cruel for treating animals that way. It's a bad look for a country that is expanding across the globe and is constantly striving for absolute control over their image. It's why Winnie the Pooh is banned in China. I don't believe it was manufactured because there is no evidence of it. There have been warnings from experts that those wet markets were a ticking time bomb and that a coronavirus was likely to be the next pandemic considering what we saw already with SARS and MERS. Occam's Razor is telling me that a virus transmitting to humans from an animal vector in a way we've seen happen before, is far more likely than the admittedly more exciting "lab grown bio-weapon accident or was it?".

Bioweapons being a thing? I don't doubt that for a second. Humans have bee using bioweapons for almost all of our history and silly little things like international laws aren't going to stop anyone, but I don't feel like this makes all that much sense. A totally novel virus found in bats is a weird choice. How would they know it would do anything? If it was intentional then it's a pretty huge own goal because of what I just wrote above. Having a virus go pandemic on your watch just isn't good for business and that's what they care about.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Chris)