Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Selling my sling collection (Read 1355 times)
Enzo007
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Selling my sling collection
Dec 14th, 2020 at 5:00pm

Hello fellow slingers, been a consistent lurker on the site for some time and have to say it has been a pleasure getting so much more information on slinging over the years.

I am looking to sell my collection of pre- Columbian sling collection that I acquired over the years, most of them from Ted Bailey at https://www.flight-toys.com/slings.htm and another from a museum auction. I also have some other working slings that were purchased from Peru and are quite nice. There are roughly 20 of the pre Columbian and 4 of the ones from Peru.

I would like $800 for all of them and am happy to answer any questions you may have.

I will try and post as many pics as I can and being new to posting in a forum and such I apologize for any technical difficulties ahead of time!

I unfortunately was not savvy enough to get past this

"NOTE: If you had an Attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the Attachment again in the Browser Box for security reasons."

So please contact me and I would be happy to forward pictures of all of the slings.

Thanks for your time!

13097643_1_x.jpg (85 KB | 53 )
13097643_1_x.jpg

IP Logged

Enzo007
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Selling my sling collection
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2020 at 5:02pm

Here are hopefully some additional pics. Thanks and please let me know if I can answer any questions or if you would like more pictures.

n1_50.jpg (132 KB | 39 )
n1_50.jpg
n3_55.jpg (111 KB | 40 )
n3_55.jpg
n5_60.jpg (115 KB | 40 )
n5_60.jpg
n6_60.jpg (151 KB | 46 )
n6_60.jpg
n7_65.jpg (158 KB | 36 )
n7_65.jpg
n8_75.jpg (140 KB | 43 )
n8_75.jpg
sling1_005.jpg (48 KB | 42 )
sling1_005.jpg
sling5.jpg (140 KB | 37 )
sling5.jpg
tb281__1_.jpg (159 KB | 49 )
tb281__1_.jpg

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2020 at 6:48am

For that amount, you probably wont be selling it here. Most here are DIY. They would attempt to recreate it before putting out that kind of money. Personally i would donate to museum,  which i have done in the past.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2020 at 11:52am

That’s a beautiful collection and it’s worth every penny of what you’re asking. Vet may be right that this is not the right audience, but that’s biased towards the more active members. These are the same people who spend 30+ hours on one new sling, but there are lots of lurkers too. If anyone wants a gorgeous collection and values their time, your asking price is quite reasonable.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Chris, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)