Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Indiana Jones 5 seriously? (Read 2149 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Indiana Jones 5 seriously?
Dec 13th, 2020 at 3:14pm

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-confirms-harrison-ford-will-return-in-indiana-j...

Cmon... can we just stop this already? The guy is close to 80. He had a great run. He was the man women wanted to be with and other guys wanted to be. I don’t know why Hollywood has started rebooting or sequeling everything instead of making new amazing movies.

Look at the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Watch the original Ghostbusters. That movie is still hilarious all these years later. Or the Matrix. Amazing flick. The Godfather? Not bad eh?  Where are the new, amazing, innovative blockbuster movies? All I see is a never ending slew of comic book movies, horrible reboots and sequels.

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Re: Indiana Jones 5 seriously?
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 3:44pm

Everything has been made already, it seems.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 7:28pm

At least the new Indiana isn’t Shia LaBoeuf... please tell me they didn’t bring back Shia LaBeouf.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 8:33pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 13th, 2020 at 7:28pm:
At least the new Indiana isn’t Shia LaBoeuf... please tell me they didn’t bring back Shia LaBeouf.

Yes, this!  And also leave out alien stuff with powers that don't make sense.  And giant ants that are way too intelligent.  And crazy chase scenes with way too much CGI.  And...I'll stop now.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2020 at 6:04am

I'm so glad they only made 3 Indiana Jones. 2 Terminators and 1 Matrix. Imagine the absolute cluster$&@" if they had kept producing them?

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2020 at 6:54am

There are more coming. Remakes of Back to the Future, Highlander, and a continuation of the Arnie Conan movies.

All I can say is I hope Arnie swings a mean walker in the new Conan...

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #6 - Dec 14th, 2020 at 7:35am

slingbadger wrote on Dec 14th, 2020 at 6:54am:
There are more coming. Remakes of Back to the Future, Highlander, and a continuation of the Arnie Conan movies.

All I can say is I hope Arnie swings a mean walker in the new Conan...

Wait are you serious? Arnold is coming back for Conan?
It's worse than I thought than.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #7 - Dec 14th, 2020 at 7:58am

Morphy just think of those poor executives. Currently they're only multimillionaires, but, thanks to the wringing out of already tired franchises, they could become multi multi multimillionaires. Just think how many yachts they could snort cocaine on then! Almost brings a tear to the eye just thinking about it and all it will cost is creative integrity.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #8 - Dec 14th, 2020 at 8:47am

Kick wrote on Dec 14th, 2020 at 7:58am:
Morphy just think of those poor executives. Currently they're only multimillionaires, but, thanks to the wringing out of already tired franchises, they could become multi multi multimillionaires. Just think how many yachts they could snort cocaine on then! Almost brings a tear to the eye just thinking about it and all it will cost is creative integrity.

Oh I do my friend. I grieve for them. The other day I heard one of the execs could only snort two lines off a dead hooker. Cried my self to sleep.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #9 - Dec 14th, 2020 at 9:16am

Just think... with deepfake technology, we’ll never need a new actor ever again!  The same ones can just keep coming back over and over and over, and they won’t ever get older or miss a line, and no level of selling out will ever be too low.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8TmqvTVQFQ

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #10 - Dec 14th, 2020 at 10:08am

Don't need the old actors either.  Animals can be put in everything!  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK0leemCC_8

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #11 - Dec 15th, 2020 at 11:03am

Oh, one more I forgot. Redoing Princess Bride. Teen heartthrobs will be in the main roles.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2020 at 11:08am

slingbadger wrote on Dec 15th, 2020 at 11:03am:
Oh, one more I forgot. Redoing Princess Bride. Teen heartthrobs will be in the main roles.

That's a straight up war crime.

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2020 at 3:22pm

slingbadger wrote on Dec 15th, 2020 at 11:03am:

Just googled.  This was back in June.  The response was overwhelmingly against and there's no current rumors.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #14 - Dec 15th, 2020 at 7:28pm

There’s a shortage of perfect movies in this world. It would be a shame to squander yours on a remake.

If they actually remade Princess Bride, it would have to have a different title... and a different plot... with completely different characters.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar)