Target Practice (Read 1956 times)
IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Target Practice
Dec 12th, 2020 at 8:03pm

Just a video of some target practice. This was my best group. Hit compilation is upcoming.

https://youtu.be/YSh1BhyrGis

John R.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Target Practice
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 8:14pm

Nice shooting Tex. Seems like it works very well.  Smiley

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 8:29pm

Good stuff, your new sling looks very clean. My kids watched it with me, I showed them the picture of your sling yesterday, they think it's pretty cool. And now they all want double fingerloops. Yet I've been using a double fingerloop for months and they thought I was stupid.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 8:54pm

Awesome!  What is the length of that sling?

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 9:03pm

Morphy wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 8:14pm:
Nice shooting Tex. Seems like it works very well.  Smiley

Thanks. I like it, but I still like my other sling style slightly more. This one was a lot of work though, which in itself makes it fun to use.

a wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 8:29pm:
Yet I've been using a double fingerloop for months and they thought I was stupid.

Lol. I love that your kids are into slinging. I wish I had some slinging buddies.

Also, I got the idea from Channing (Practical Paracord). I ordered one of his slings and really liked the feel of the double fingerloop. I swear it helps me get rifled releases more often. (I still have some funky releases occasionally)

joe_meadmaker wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 8:54pm:
Awesome!  What is the length of that sling?

It is 27"-ish (68.5 cm)

John R.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 9:06pm

Here is the hit compilation. 

https://youtu.be/2_hHgNHLSFY

John R.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #6 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 12:33am

IronGoober wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 9:06pm:
Here is the hit compilation. 

https://youtu.be/2_hHgNHLSFY

Nice, and gave me some credibility with the kids, at around 1:18 you started throwing similar to my style and the speed went up almost 20mph .... good stuff

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #7 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 3:33am

Really good grouping and a stylish sling to match Cheesy The only double-loop sling i have i got from GurtTractor. One of his dyneema slings. Despite the fact I really like feel of it I still haven't made any other slings with a double loop. I should do that some time.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #8 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 5:58am

Out of interest do you have any idea why your speed went up when you weren't doing the whirlygiggle style?

I had issues getting full power as well when I tried it, but I put it down to inexperience with multiple rotations.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 6:30am

Looks good.  Your hip is working well.  The timing with the shoulder can be improved a bit.  And you should shoot overhand.  Your results would be better.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #10 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 9:29am

Sort of bouncing off the question from Kilisi, when you're setting up for a throw, how long in advance do you know if you're going to rotor?  Is this decided ahead or spur-of-the-moment?

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #11 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 11:53am

a wrote on Dec 13th, 2020 at 5:58am:
Out of interest do you have any idea why your speed went up when you weren't doing the whirlygiggle style?

I had issues getting full power as well when I tried it, but I put it down to inexperience with multiple rotations.

I got more speed because I was throwing at full power while still trying to hit when I was using byzantine (single rotation). I can get a bit more speed if I stop caring about trying to hit anything. I wasn't using full power with the multiple spin method. However, I can only get up to  the low 90's using multiple spins, but can get to 100+ with a single spin. I don't know why. Something about the position of my arm as I go into the power stroke, maybe.

Jaegoor wrote on Dec 13th, 2020 at 6:30am:
Looks good.  Your hip is working well.  The timing with the shoulder can be improved a bit.  And you should shoot overhand.  Your results would be better.

Thank Jaegoor. I think my form has improved a bit this year, but agree that it could be better. I don't understand exactly what you mean by overhand. I have an idea, but I'm not sure it is the right idea.

joe_meadmaker wrote on Dec 13th, 2020 at 9:29am:
Sort of bouncing off the question from Kilisi, when you're setting up for a throw, how long in advance do you know if you're going to rotor?  Is this decided ahead or spur-of-the-moment?

I used to use byzantine exclusively, but have noticed (maybe) a slight improvement in consistency with multiple spins.  I usually do it now when I want to throw harder and get more power.  So, I was doing groups of one throw or the other, I don't usually switch styles shot-to-shot. More like group-to-group.

John R.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #12 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 3:37pm

I've explained this here in the forum schin a few times.  They shoot sidehand.  So from the side.  Your sling makes legs semicircle.  180 °.  Within this semicircle look for a point to solve.  Shoot them overhand.  The shot comes from above.  Then they only have 90 °.  You work with the position of your rotor within this 90 °.  It is actually very simple and logical

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #13 - Dec 14th, 2020 at 10:50am

I had to go and watch one of your YouTube videos, Jaegoor, to fully understand what you meant. Since I had to watch it with auto-generated captions and auto-translation turned on, I didn't fully understand, but I think I understand the intention.

I will give your method a try for a while and see if I can improve.
-------------------------------- (From translate.google)

Ich musste mir eines deiner YouTube-Videos ansehen, Jaegoor, um zu verstehen, was du meinst. Da ich es mit automatisch generierten Untertiteln und aktivierter automatischer Übersetzung ansehen musste, verstand ich es nicht ganz, aber ich glaube, ich verstehe die Absicht.

Ich werde Ihre Methode für eine Weile ausprobieren und sehen, ob ich mich verbessern kann.

John R.

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #14 - Dec 16th, 2020 at 4:04pm

Looks incredible!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Kick, Chris, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Morphy)