Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The clothes make the man (Read 1736 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: The clothes make the man
Reply #15 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 4:21am

I like the boots and the thong sling is, of course, always a fan favorite but realistically this is more in line with my experience of 2020. Bullet proof vest and mask.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 5:13am

I'll stick with the theme, steel caps since I'm an engineer, combined with our national footwear

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #17 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 12:25am

@Kilisi

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=29iC6RlbL7s

@Morphy... it’s Houston. Soft body armor has been a daily necessity for the last 15 years.  If anything you might need to add ceramic plates for 2020, because everyone now has a ghost AR16 Grin

In all seriousness, I’m glad to see you taking precautions.  This is a crazy time to be a first responder. It sucks that the people who come to save your life have to plan on getting shot at in the normal course of doing the job. You’re a saint Morphy, and you definitely don’t get paid enough to put up with that kind of garbage.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2020 at 11:10am by NooneOfConsequence »  

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #18 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 4:05pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 13th, 2020 at 12:25am:
@Kilisi

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=29iC6RlbL7s

@Morphy... it’s Houston. Soft body armor has been a daily necessity for the last 15 years.  If anything you might need to add ceramic plates for 2020, because everyone now has a ghost AR16 Grin

In all seriousness, I’m glad to see you taking precautions.  This is a crazy time to be a first responder. It sucks that the people who come to save your life have to plan on getting shot at in the normal course of doing the job. You’re a saint Morphy, and you definitely don’t get paid enough to put up with that kind of garbage.

I really appreciate that. Thank you. You know I’ve come to realize over the years that everyone’s job is important. Within reason of course. Imagine the chaos if all the truck drivers and shop keepers suddenly disappeared. Our society would likely collapse in days.

That’s why I’m not a fan of the whole hero thing for any job. Yes some jobs suck worse than others. For example, you would have to be crazy or very, very brave to go into law enforcement in the present day. Truly good, moral cops to me are some of the most amazing people. I know I couldn’t do that job.

EDIT: Reasons.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2020 at 9:08am by Morphy »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Chris, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini)