Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The clothes make the man (Read 1702 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

The clothes make the man
Dec 5th, 2020 at 1:55pm

Or is it the opposite? If you had to post a ridiculous piece of attire that describes something about you what would it be and why?

I live in Texas and near the beach. Zing! Witty huh? Nevermind Ill leave.

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Re: The clothes make the man
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 2:03pm

Morphy wrote on Dec 5th, 2020 at 1:55pm:
Or is it the opposite? If you had to post a ridiculous piece of attire that describes something about you what would it be and why?

I live in Texas and near the beach. Zing! Witty huh? Nevermind Ill leave.

LOL!

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 2:27pm

WtF.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 5:23pm

Oh no. What fresh abomination has Morphy created now?  I hope you at least made the missing leather into slings!

A true Texan would just wear normal cowboy boots on the beach... in the water... while riding a horse and holding an AR15 in each hand.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2020 at 3:05am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 5th, 2020 at 5:23pm:
Oh no. What fresh abomination has Morphy created now?  I hope you at least made the missing leather into slings!

A true Texan would just wear normal cowboy boots on the beach... in the water... while riding a horse and holding an AR15 in each hand.

His dog would have died and his girlfriend left him.  He would be playing a guitar while riding the horse with his AR 15 strapped to his back. I mean you're not wrong NOOC. That is certainly very Texan.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5 - Dec 6th, 2020 at 4:50am

Morphy wrote on Dec 6th, 2020 at 3:05am:
NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 5th, 2020 at 5:23pm:

His dog would have died and his girlfriend left him.  He would be playing a guitar while riding the horse with his AR 15 strapped to his back. I mean you're not wrong NOOC. That is certainly very Texan.

I think i saw all of that while stationed in San Antonioa long time ago. .

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2020 at 9:46am

@
vetryan15

Ft Sam Houston 1969  Smiley

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #7 - Dec 6th, 2020 at 11:17am

walter wrote on Dec 6th, 2020 at 9:46am:
@
vetryan15

Ft Sam Houston 1969  Smiley

2005. Lackland Air force base, but i was Navy.

Made tons of enemies from the AF, due to thier women liking our uniforms better.  Wink

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #8 - Dec 10th, 2020 at 10:22pm

Hey wait a minute... am I going to see the rest of those boots in this year’s SITH?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #9 - Dec 10th, 2020 at 10:58pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 10th, 2020 at 10:22pm:
Hey wait a minute... am I going to see the rest of those boots in this year’s SITH?

Grin

Zero waste.  Use every part of the boot!

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #10 - Dec 11th, 2020 at 2:17am

I have a couple clothing pieces that are truly me.
I've even thought of buying a mannequin for when I'm older and putting my classic younger days outfit on it..... Let it have a place of prominence in my future mansion hahaha

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #11 - Dec 11th, 2020 at 6:27am

Somewhere in Texas, a cowboy screams.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #12 - Dec 11th, 2020 at 6:46am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 10th, 2020 at 10:22pm:

Who said yours will be boot leather? You know leather thongs are big out here in Texas. And by Texas I mean mainly me. As Joe said, Zero waste. Come to think of it this may be an excellent shotgun sling. It can hold multiple glandes.  Buh Dum Tsk!!

Alright I tried, I'll be going again.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #13 - Dec 11th, 2020 at 8:21am

Ok, I am definitely purifying the entire package when my SITH from Morphy arrives in a year... and by purify, I mean with fire.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #14 - Dec 11th, 2020 at 8:29am

slingbadger wrote on Dec 11th, 2020 at 6:27am:
Somewhere in Texas, a cowboy screams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvrZJ5C_Nwg&t=2m20s

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Chris, David Morningstar, Rat Man)