Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Patreon for Slinging.Org (Read 1472 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Patreon for Slinging.Org
Dec 4th, 2020 at 11:58pm

Would anyone like to start donating to Slinging.Org? I was thinking something monthly for myself. Not a ton of course, but maybe with some of the regulars donating a little each month it might pay back a little of what CA puts into this. This was my idea, no one asked me to post this. CA if you are interested in doing this maybe you could sticky this thread.

Anyways I'll see what everyone thinks before proceeding any further.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2020 at 2:55am by Morphy »  

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Patreon for Slinging.Org
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 12:06am

Money is one thing that there isn't a lot of around here but I'd contribute what I could. It's a good idea, Morphy.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 12:15am

I've been mooching for a long time. I'd certainly pitch in.

John R.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 8:57am

Same here. This is a community worth supporting.

Of course... if I become a Patreon supporter, I am suddenly going to expect special treatment, early access to all the most clever posts, and exclusive content not available to the all those cheapskate lurkers, because that’s how Patreon is supposed to work, right? Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 11:32am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 5th, 2020 at 8:57am:
Same here. This is a community worth supporting.

Of course... if I become a Patreon supporter, I am suddenly going to expect special treatment, early access to all the most clever posts, and exclusive content not available to the all those cheapskate lurkers, because that’s how Patreon is supposed to work, right? Grin

Right now the only benefit to being a member is the simple joy and unselfish satisfaction that comes with knowing you are better than everyone else.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 12:51pm

Hmmm... as a prospective supporter of slinging.org, I'll definitely pretend to be better than everyone else, but only if I get to do it selfishly.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 1:39pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 5th, 2020 at 12:51pm:
Hmmm... as a prospective supporter of slinging.org, I'll definitely pretend to be better than everyone else, but only if I get to do it selfishly.

Fair enough I'll put you down for the Gold package. Upgrade to the Platinum and I'll send you a picture of a needy child every month so you can tell yourself you are helping them. Just to be transparent you won't be. But you can certainly tell yourself you are. Best of both worlds.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 3:13pm

I don't have to even leave my house to find needy children.  Maybe just send pictures of 3-legged puppies?

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 4:25pm

a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 7:39am by a »  

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 6:59pm

I would participate in this Morphy.  A small monthly donation could definitely be doable.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #10 - Dec 6th, 2020 at 12:55am

The fact that this forum looks like it was optimized for dial-up Internet is part of its charm, but I firmly believe that it also prevents the community from growing more. Maybe a little cash is just what’s needed to not only pay for hosting and maintenance but maybe even modernize the look and feel and make it easier to search.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #11 - Dec 6th, 2020 at 2:50am

a wrote on Dec 5th, 2020 at 4:25pm:
Why not just put a Paypal donation button on this site? Very easy to do. Cuts out multiple middlemen skimming off the top and is a payment gateway that's accessible in most places.

If it has a monthly donation option that would work.

Joe_Meadmaker- I figured you guys would be cool with it. Our regulars is the only reason I even come here. Supporting Slinging. Org actually benefits us as much as CA. I think the monthly donation is the key because it's so easy to make a one time donation and feel like you've done your part when in reality a monthly is much more beneficial than a one time. And ten dollars a month should be doable for most people.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #12 - Dec 6th, 2020 at 2:55am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 5th, 2020 at 3:13pm:
I don't have to even leave my house to find needy children.  Maybe just send pictures of 3-legged puppies?

I feel superior to those heathens just looking at this puppy let alone actually helping it.. The first pic is free NOOC but to continue to feel superior to the peasants you must make your monthly donation.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #13 - Dec 6th, 2020 at 4:13am

a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 7:39am by a »  

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #14 - Dec 6th, 2020 at 4:55am

Just dont ever sell the forum. I have been on a few that have sold out to larger companies.  They would change so much they were unable to be used, with ads put in. It was ridiculous.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man)