Send Topic Print
Stock trading (Read 622 times)
vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Stock trading
Dec 4th, 2020 at 4:34pm

I am just starting to dip my toes in stocks. Still aa bunch to learn. Figured start on my retirement a bit late. Ijust joined  Etrade, with only  $100. Iwas looking at ETF, anyone got any pointers? I never done this before.  Was curious if anyone had suggestions.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Stock trading
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 5:52pm

That is one I wish I knew more about. I know almost nothing except that my Capt at the station bought a bunch of stocks when they were in the tank during early Covid and they have all pretty much tripled or more. Sure wish I had jumped on that earlier.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 6:56pm

That would have been nice. Lol. I have started readinga ton about it, but there is alot of information to ingest. I donnt plan on getting rich with my small investment,  but its something to start small.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 10:27pm

Better to make lot of small bets than a few big bets.  If you bet on individual companies, then look at the words, values, lifestyle, and actions of the people at the top in that company if you can... then decide if you would trust them with your money.  Nothing is guaranteed, but if you do your research, you can avoid the mistakes that will be obvious in hindsight for everyone else.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 3:15am

NOC.      I was looking at making a ton of smaller investments , for the time being anyway.  Right now i am looking aT ETF, which are just much smaller shares from mutiple companies.  Its one more conservative ways to start for beginners.  I will remember your pointers. Thanks

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 9:02am

Also... I am neither a trading expert nor a financial advisor, and it’s safest to assume I have no idea what I’m talking about Smiley

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 11:33am

Lol. At least we fit in the same group.  But some of your post was a bit helpful

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris)