Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Work moments you won't forget (Read 4358 times)
vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: Work moments you won't forget
Reply #15 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 3:46am

@Kilisi, i used to live in an extremely overpopulated area, plus being in the military. (As well as homeless, in a ghetto) I have seen some poopy Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #16 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 3:59am

vetryan15 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 3:44am:
He had told his Mom, he was going out for a milkshake,  and borrowed her car.

Well at lest he's not a liar  Grin

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #17 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 4:08am

a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 7:35am by a »  

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #18 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 4:22am

a wrote on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 4:08am:
vetryan15 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 3:46am:
@Kilisi, i used to live in an extremely overpopulated area, plus being in the military. (As well as homeless, in a ghetto) I have seen some poopy

I've seen some shocking things, but they're not things that stick with me and pop up randomly while I'm just relaxing and enjoying life.

Unfortunately i have PTSD,  not from the military.  But from a few life experiences.  Its a daily battle. Unfortunately i have that problem.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #19 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 4:55am

a

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #20 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 5:01am

a wrote on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 4:55am:
vetryan15 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 4:22am:
Unfortunately i have PTSD,  not from the military.  But from a few life experiences.  Its a daily battle. Unfortunately i have that problem.

I have 5 kids, it's a daily battle as well Smiley Bashing things with sling stones is good medicine for all ailments Wink

Totally agred.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #21 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 7:41am

vetryan15 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 3:44am:
@Morphy.
      That actually reminds me of a incident i had while working at a convenience store ( named Wawa) back in Nj after i got out of the military. I worked the overnight register, this big, biker, dude. 350lbs, Tattooed,  had swastikas and everything. Very scary looking dude. He was high on Meth as well. He came in that night, picked up a milkshake. (They have self serve) called ( freal brand). Well he walks around with it, goes outside without paying for it. Stops bends down like he is gonna get sick, comes back in. Does that about 3 times. He set the milkshake down behind some groceries on a shelf. The store has a deli counter, with a chip shelf in front. He bends down, starts organizing the chips, gets up walks to the register,  climbed up, and tried to take a nap. My manager wanted me to confront him, but i told him i wasnt the manager. Lol. At the time they had company policy to let people do whatever they want. For safety. So he took a 1 minute nap, gets up and goes back to organizing the chips, for 20 minutes. Mutiple customers had called police. They show up,(we gave all cops and first responders free coffee)  6 cops come in, and stand by the register watching him for 10 minutes, laughing. One of the cop radios went off, and the guy heard it, stood up, and started walking away. Thats when they jumped on him, and pinned him up against the register.  A few hours later a cop came in looking foor the surveillance Video of the whole incident.  He never did pay for his milkshake,  which i found 2 hours later while cleaning. He had told his Mom, he was going out for a milkshake,  and borrowed her car.  Grin.

Lol the manager wanted you to take care of the 350 pound meth biker. And they say chilvary is dead. Lawl. I would have given the guy a cross between the stink eye and the "are you sh1tting me?" eye and laughed.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #22 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 8:06am

a

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #23 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 9:12am

I did laugh, and told him i would quit right there. The dude was pretty scary. Lol.

@Kilisi. Thats crazy. Usually it takes just enough of respect, and you are good in those types of groups. I use to party with hardcore bikers, i never rode. But my best friend did, we were like brothers. I would tag along. They found out my career at the time  was a veterinarian technician.  They all respected me, and absolutely loved me. So i was good

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #24 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 10:44am

a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 7:36am by a »  

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #25 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 12:26pm

a wrote on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 8:06am:
I was a bouncer in a skinhead bar in New Zealand. I have no idea what the guys were on but I was called to the door and there were 4 guys fronting the two doormen. So three of us and 4 of them. The leader pulled out a meat cleaver and the other two bouncers turned and ran inside and locked the door, so I was facing these four nuts.

I looked back at the door and started laughing, said to the nuts, "can you believe these c@nts?" walked up to the first guy and took the meat cleaver out of his hand put it back in his jacket pocket and told them to go away before my colleagues wet their panties and called the cops then it won't end well for anyone.

I bounced there for about 6 months, it took them a while but once the skinheads got over my skin colour and found out that I'd stand between them and harms way without hesitation I was well respected.

I'll never forget that moment I got locked out

Nothing memorable??? I think that qualifies my good man. Lol

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #26 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 12:38pm

a

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #27 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 1:04pm

Some years ago I worked in an amusement park over the summer which was probably the best time of my life or so. My position was as a ride operator which basically meant that I received payment from customers, helped them into the carts, gave them safety instructions and helped them out of the cart again when they came back. You get a completely different view of amusement parks when you get to work in one.

I was at work one day. Got early off while the afternoon was still going and I visited a party of my friend's who had just graduated. The next day I woke up and took the train to the inner city to deliver my bike to a shop to get it fixed (the metal frame of the wheel had exploded) and then took the same train back out of the inner city to go to work. That day I, alone, operated a ride that was pretty "kids friendly" so there was no way for people to get hurt while riding it (it was basically a bike on rails). Lets call it "The Crocodile". As an operator you had to, single-handedly, receive payment from customers, put them into the carts, give them safety instructions, and pull them back out again when they came back. This may not seem like much but I'm telling you it was stressful and difficult to coordinate. I had just opened The Crocodile half an hour earlier and everything was doing fine until I all of a sudden felt sick to the bones. I was dizzy, the world seemed to spin, it was like having fever x10. I thought there was some material used in building The Crocodile, like asbestos or something, that made me sick. While fumbling around I never let my duty down though because it was VERY difficult to get replacements during a shift and I continued to receive payment from customers, give them instructions and letting them out of The Crocodile again. Meanwhile I was all the time contemplating how I was going to visit a doctor or physician who was going to give me a medical leave and that I was never going to operate The Crocodile again, the thought of which was probably the only pleasant thing I felt in those hours my condition lasted (operating The Crocodile was absolutely the worst possible duty you could have in that amusement park and I would be happy to be free from it).

Then after 3-4 hours a second operator came to The Crocodile (on some, VERY, lucky days two operators stood at The Crocodile some of the shift). I told her about my condition and whether she could take the rest of the shift alone (she probably wanted that as little as I did) because some of the construction material used on The Crocodile made me ill.

She told me I was probably hungover.

And then all of it made sense. Last night at my friends party I had drunk an entire boxful of cheap rose wine so it made sense that I was currently hung out of my mind.
I didn't think that a hangover could have a delay as I had experienced (about 2-3 hours after waking) but that was probably it because I (unfortunately) never felt sick while operating The Crocodile again. 

It was a very exciting job. I have countless more stories.
Working in an amusement park made me realize just how many ambulances pull up to such things. I think there was an ambulance at the park at least once a day. There was also a local medical unit with their own building. Mind you, it was a medium sized if not small park. Sometimes there was police too.

Another story from The Crocodile would be when an elderly lady got hurt in her heart from treading the pedals. My college (it was a two person shift) closed the ride while I ran down to the local doctors. She ended up fine.
Another time, I have been told, it wasn't my shift, some grandpa was treading the pedals with his grandson but end up dying from a heart attack in the middle of the ride so the carts behind them had to push them through the rest of the ride.  Sad
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2020 at 3:14pm by Slyngorm »  

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #28 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 6:52am

a

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #29 - Nov 26th, 2020 at 12:20pm

a wrote on Nov 25th, 2020 at 6:52am:
Slyngorm wrote on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 1:04pm:
some grandpa was treading the pedals with his grandson but end up dying from a heart attack in the middle of the ride so the carts behind them had to push them through the rest of the ride.

Hell of a traumatic experience for the poor grandson

I can only agree.

I think our boss made some sort of deal with poor guy's family because we never ever heard any more about it afterwards.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Chris)