Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
Send Topic Print
Done with politics? (Read 15454 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Done with politics?
Reply #165 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 3:56pm

This lecture is from about 35 years old folks! Look at how different things are now from then...and some things never change. Pretty fascinating either way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9TviIuXPSE
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2021 at 7:36pm by NooneOfConsequence »  

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #166 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 7:47pm

An eye opening whistle blower. One of many. Every American should watch that video. The most important part being what it would take to stop inevitable collapse. Chilling stuff.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #167 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 5:33am

I've heard it said that while we were trying to win the Cold War militarily Russia was trying to win a culture war over here in the States. It's a fascinating peek into asymmetric warfare. Doesn't surprise me that the Russians seem to have won this fight. They are brilliant strategists.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #168 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 8:06am

I've got to say, seeing the QAnon followers fall apart is actually pretty funny.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #169 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 6:39pm

Kick wrote on Jan 21st, 2021 at 8:06am:
I've got to say, seeing the QAnon followers fall apart is actually pretty funny.

Don’t you get it Kick? This is all part of the 5-D chess plan to make the world think that Biden is the president when the reality is that Biden is still in his basement and Trump is pretending to be in Florida. The system is all run by the Illuminati anyway, and we also all know that the George Bush reptilian faction has been running a shadow government from a secret Coast Guard base in Nebraska since 1987.  Qanon is just a psyop to distract you from the truth.

https://bit.ly/2Y3HSK0
(Original link)
https://babylonbee.com/news/republican-starting-to-think-trump-might-not-pull-of
f-a-last-minute-3d-chess-move

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #170 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 9:54pm

Even for myself who enjoys the occasional conspiracy QAnon is just silly. If we are going to go with silly I much prefer Reptoids or potentially the occasional mandroid.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #171 - Jan 25th, 2021 at 11:39am

What's crazy is that Biden has been inaugurated and people are STILL saying that he's not going to be the president.  Apparently the inauguration, the executive orders he's making, and all of the cabinet members being approved by congress are just an elaborate ruse.  It's all smoke and mirrors!  The military is going to arrest Biden any day now and restore Trump back to the oval office because Trump signed the insurrection act... or something. 
I've seen no evidence suggesting this is a possibility, but I guess when people don't trust the media and are trying to make sense of the world in the absence of facts, these stories help them feel like there is some sort of order to the world?  Maybe?  I don't really know what motivates this stuff, but I'm pretty sure people believe it because they want to believe it... not because they have examined a body of evidence for and against the idea and arrived at the most plausible and logical conclusion.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #172 - Jan 25th, 2021 at 11:57am

I had no idea it went that deep. Part of me thinks no one really believes this nonsense. And I want to laugh but unfortunately I know there are people who genuinely believe this garbage.  I look forward to the future melodrama. I can't wait to see how things play out.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #173 - Jan 25th, 2021 at 2:35pm

well we had 4 years of
"resist"
"Not my president"
"The russians did it so he's not REALLY the president"
"the impeachment will remove him any day"

It was concerning then, it's concerning now.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #174 - Jan 25th, 2021 at 2:55pm

Whether an actual Chinese curse or not... we do indeed live in interesting times.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_you_live_in_interesting_times

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #175 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 1:02pm

Ok, I thought we were moving on, but at this point I think maybe the space time continuum has split and we’re all just living in two simultaneous realities. I have no idea what to do with stuff like this where someone is willing to bet their reputation and even their business on something like this... if he wasn’t absolutely convinced that he was right, I don’t think he would do it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VKaSX9SKR1A&feature=youtu.be

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #176 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 1:36pm

@
NooneOfConsequence

lol what was this about ? video's been removed

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #177 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 2:02pm

Yeah... it was taken down while I was halfway through watching it.  It was Mike Lindell claiming that he had absolute proof of a stolen election. If this was just gaslighting, I would think it would have stopped after Biden was inaugurated.  It just seems there’s two different realities right now.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #178 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 2:42pm

This is my opinion. Take it as such, not any sort of attack on your beliefs, opinions, personality.

My whole issue with this is D.T. started making claims that the election was stolen WHILE votes were still coming in. He was the one driving this narrative. However, the fact that he had no way of knowing what would happen and he started calling foul immediately when he thought he was losing, that negates any claim completely. No one would be questioning anything if he hadn't started whining. Par for the course with the man though. His narcissism knows no bounds.  Georgia recounted votes 3 times. 3 times! and the final result didn't change. If it was some massive conspiracy, they might do one recount to satisfy the dissenters and then call it. 3 times is grasping at straws to try and change the result, but it didn't.  All these people that aren't the officials running the election claiming statistics about the election are very suspicious to me, I don't trust them. 

Also, logic doesn't always reign. Just because someone is willing to do something that bets their reputation doesn't make it true. Example: Mass suicides in cults. People literally bet their lives on something they believe in.  Doesn't make it true. (Of course, it doesn't necessarily make it false either, obviously no living person truly knows what happens when we die).

My 2 cents.

John R.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #179 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 2:55pm

Are we starting up this thread again? Looks like someone wants to start problems.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man)