Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Trash Sling Challenge 2020 (Read 13200 times)
KB
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Baxterville, Mississippi
Re: Trash Sling Challenge 2020
Reply #75 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 12:55pm

I still have to make a video but I have finished my sling despite the universe's better attempts at stopping me so if my video sucks forgive me and plz dont close the contest I am trying lol...

In my day we didnt have no fancy schmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock and we had to share the rock..!
https://www.facebook.com/KalebC.Breshears  
IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #76 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 3:32pm

Awesome!  Can’t wait to see what you came up with.

And if your video looks like trash... it’ll fit the theme of the competition Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #77 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 4:38pm

Well, time is getting short, so it’s probably about time to announce a prize to encourage people who are on the fence to jump in.

The winner will receive a Grim Workshop fishing card and a slightly used Grim workshop cordage tool, complete with spare blades. This is the same cordage tool I used in my trash sling video.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #78 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 4:41pm

OOOoooooo now I would actually want to win Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #79 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 4:46pm

... and winner will be selected by community votes rather than my personal diktat. I am excluding myself from the prize, so it would go to the runner-up if I somehow got the most votes.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #80 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 4:49pm

Kick wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 4:41pm:
OOOoooooo now I would actually want to win Cheesy

You have a month to put in as many entries as you want! Obviously votes for each entry will be counted separately.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #81 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 10:02pm

All filmed just need to edit and upload.
Coming soon.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #82 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 8:04am

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #83 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:54am

Nice!  That pouch actually looked pretty fancy.  Looked like a ribbon.
I like the testing with different styles too. Thumbs Up

Sad ending though.  Cry

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #84 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:48am

Much nicer looking than my attempt.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #85 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 6:57pm

Mersa youre going to have to smear some trash juice on that or something. Its way to nice to be called trash.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #86 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:42pm

Yeah thanks guys, it was made from a gold ribbon a white ribbon and the sleeves my bow limbs came in. Basically the gift wrapping that came on my bow limbs minus the cardboard box.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #87 - Mar 12th, 2021 at 8:05pm

In addition to the awesome prize from NOC, here's what I'll be throwing in.  This is my newest mead.  It's a traditional made from goldenrod honey.  Very unique (in a good way) taste.  I'll actually throw in a bottle for first and second place.  If I win either of those rankings, that bottle will bump down to the third place winner.

Also, if someone doesn't drink or just isn't interested in this as a prize (which is totally cool), I'll send a sling instead.

IP Logged

StoneHuevos
Tiro

Bet I can sling a rock
over them mountains!

Reply #88 - Mar 15th, 2021 at 10:23am

Oooo I would love a sample!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #89 - Mar 15th, 2021 at 7:53pm

There's a couple weeks left.  Get a sling made and post a video of a few throws.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Curious Aardvark)