Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Trash Sling Challenge 2020 (Read 13198 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Trash Sling Challenge 2020
Reply #60 - Feb 2nd, 2021 at 8:14am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Feb 1st, 2021 at 12:31pm:
Morphy wrote on Feb 1st, 2021 at 11:52am:
Great video. Love that tool you used for making plastic cordage. +1 for the trauma shears as well.

I love medical shears!   Did you know the TSA will actually let you carry them on an airplane?

I am a little bummed about giving up on the plastic cordage before figuring out that I really just needed to wet the corn husks, but I wanted to get my entry posted, so I opted not to keep filming.

@Joe LOL! My dog was almost as confused as I was!

These are the ones I use at work. If your other ones ever break I can vouch that these work very well.

[url]XSHEAR 7.5” Black Titanium Coated Extreme Duty Trauma Shears. Tough and Durable Medical Scissors for The Paramedic, EMT, Nurse or Any Emergency Healthcare Provider https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZQBO4S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8EW69168DEPY3VB...[/url]

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #61 - Feb 2nd, 2021 at 10:24pm

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #62 - Feb 2nd, 2021 at 10:45pm

I’d say nice slinging there Morphy, but I’d be lying Grin

Love it!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #63 - Feb 2nd, 2021 at 10:48pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Feb 2nd, 2021 at 10:45pm:

Love it!

Some of the best compliments I’ve ever received have been lies. Please don’t let my lack of skill stop you.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #64 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 12:04am

Morphy wrote on Feb 2nd, 2021 at 10:48pm:
NooneOfConsequence wrote on Feb 2nd, 2021 at 10:45pm:

Love it!

Some of the best compliments I’ve ever received have been lies. Please don’t let my lack of skill stop you.

Oh no!  That’s not it at all. It’s MY lack of skills at lying that holds me back, but it’s not a lie to say that your ziplock rock-chucking skills will beat my cantaloupe sling powers any day of the week.

You know, it just occurred to me that you might supercharge your trash sling if you plugged it into Vet’s thumb plane!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #65 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 2:09am

Hahaha. Makes me want to put a usb drive in my next bow. Or your SITH sling.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #66 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 9:34am

I'm still upset that, first you cut the tab off my SITH, and then after using it yourself, you just threw it in the trash.  Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #67 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 9:43am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 9:34am:
I'm still upset that, first you cut the tab off my SITH, and then after using it yourself, you just threw it in the trash.  Smiley

Actually what I was going to do is send it to you a couple days before your real SITH sling and pretend I was actually serious lol. But no that's too far even for me.

I had more hope at first. My shots weren't too far off. Well some. But as it went on it became laughably bad. I need practice .  Cry  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #68 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 11:38am

Nice!  Your second and third shots trying to beat the falling rock were pretty darn close.

Good attempt on the trash sling too.  You might have been the first to pull stuff out of the trash as opposed to just using stuff that was going to go in.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #69 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 12:38pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 11:38am:
Nice!  Your second and third shots trying to beat the falling rock were pretty darn close.

Good attempt on the trash sling too.  You might have been the first to pull stuff out of the trash as opposed to just using stuff that was going to go in.  Cheesy

Thanks Joe. Well my first shot with the normal sling I actually had a bit of hope that I might get a lucky hit. But that was not to be. I always have fun slinging though. Regardless of how bad I may be.  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #70 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 2:31pm

The confidence with which you wielded the scissors instantly told me you cut the wrong length Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #71 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 2:42pm

Kick wrote on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 2:31pm:
The confidence with which you wielded the scissors instantly told me you cut the wrong length Cheesy

LOLOL. Touché sir touché.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #72 - Feb 4th, 2021 at 1:58am

Morphy wrote on Feb 2nd, 2021 at 10:24pm:

I thoroughly enjoyed the title, despite it being false. No one would hit the target with those garbage stones.

Have you ever noticed that your power-pull (power-stroke or whatever you call it) is almost exactly like your over-shoulder throw?  The one video that you just did the one throw and then decided that, "yeah, that was ok, and gall darn it, I'm a good person".   Anyway, just an observation.

John R.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #73 - Feb 4th, 2021 at 7:34am

Ive actually never even considered that IG. Ive been learning a lot recently from you all. What you saw in that video was not "quite" how I throw. I realized that afterwards. Reverting to bad habits and all that. Can't wait to get some decent ammo made and start practicing again.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #74 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 7:10pm

I will try get this done today

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, LightSlinger)