Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Trash Sling Challenge 2020 (Read 13205 times)
Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Trash Sling Challenge 2020
Reply #30 - Dec 17th, 2020 at 5:11pm

Yeah joe great stuff, I’ve been a little pre occupied, I’ve only sling once in the past 2 months since the pumpkin challenge, need to get my but into gear

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #31 - Dec 17th, 2020 at 8:20pm

Thanks guys!

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 17th, 2020 at 2:59pm:
I love the “natural” pouch too.

That was the first part.  The soap was gone and I was about to throw the bottle in the recycle bin.  Then it hit me, 'You know, the top of this thing looks kind of like a pouch...'

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #32 - Dec 17th, 2020 at 9:52pm

I know that feeling. I had a plan for my trash sling, but then today I found myself squirreling away new trash and thinking I could make a sling from an unexpected source. I might have to do multiple entries.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

KB
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Baxterville, Mississippi
Reply #33 - Dec 17th, 2020 at 10:44pm

This may have already been covered but I like the concept and am so ready to get started I have no time to read this whole thread to see if this had been previously discussed...

So what constitutes and defines trash? 
Some people have some unique garbage...

How do we know someone isnt gonna say "well of course I threw away the hair from my horse's tail and mane after I shaved them" or some outlandish thing lol...   Wink

In my day we didnt have no fancy schmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock and we had to share the rock..!
https://www.facebook.com/KalebC.Breshears  
IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #34 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 4:43am

I think it will have to be a case by case basis. By the way, I have a load of sisal fibre just hanging around in a bin so I think that's probably trash...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #35 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 10:03am

So far we have left it up to self-interpretation. When the competition is big enough that we have a $10,000 cash prize, we may have to rethink that a bit.

I think I spelled it out more last year. The main criteria for trash is that you can’t buy something (like a roll of yarn) just to make the sling, but it’s ok to use store-bought things like yarn or glue as long as the majority of the sling is “trash”.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #36 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 10:17am

KB wrote on Dec 17th, 2020 at 10:44pm:
How do we know someone isnt gonna say "well of course I threw away the hair from my horse's tail and mane after I shaved them" or some outlandish thing lol...   Wink

What a coincidence, I threw away my leather scraps and paracord yesterday.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #37 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 10:27am

Here’s my original description:

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 11:48am:
Ok, I have a challenge for y’all... the trash sling challenge!  This isn’t a slinging skill challenge, it’s a sling making competition. I want to see what happens when people get creative with new sling materials and building styles.
Here’s the idea: make a sling from anything, but you aren’t allowed to spend any money on it at all. The sling should be capable of launching a tennis ball at least 5 times in a row (video proof) before it falls apart. You should have at least two different materials in the sling. Bonus points for creativity, complexity, and video production quality. Emphasis is on making the sling from TRASH... i.e.  I don’t want you to wander into the woods and make a sling entirely out of scavenged natural fibers, but you could, for example scavenge natural cordage and then make a pouch out of newspaper or a broken plastic cup.

Good luck!

IP Logged

KB
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Baxterville, Mississippi
Reply #38 - Dec 19th, 2020 at 12:51pm

Morphy wrote on Dec 18th, 2020 at 10:17am:

Huh Embarrassed  Now u see that's what I am talking about that isnt trash u just storing ur leather scraps in a trash can with some other things that maybe of no use...  lol...   Or maybe u should take ur garbage out more often...    Grin

In my day we didnt have no fancy schmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock and we had to share the rock..!
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #39 - Dec 19th, 2020 at 7:07pm

KB wrote on Dec 19th, 2020 at 12:51pm:
Morphy wrote on Dec 18th, 2020 at 10:17am:

Huh Embarrassed  Now u see that's what I am talking about that isnt trash u just storing ur leather scraps in a trash can with some other things that maybe of no use...  lol...   Or maybe u should take ur garbage out more often...    Grin

Cabinets and drawers are for the filthy bourgeoisie. I keep my supplies in my garbage can along with my other trash like a sensible man.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #40 - Dec 19th, 2020 at 10:07pm

The only sensible thing to do is make a sling out of the garbage can itself!

IP Logged

KB
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Baxterville, Mississippi
Reply #41 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 3:41pm

LMAO...  Now we r talking nooneofconsequence but I fear it will be a bit stiff might take some time to limber it up...

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #42 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 5:07pm

IP Logged

KB
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Baxterville, Mississippi
Reply #43 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 3:03pm

Lmao...  Does a lion limber up before he takes down a gazelle... Speaking  of twinkies I would love one...

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #44 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 1:29am

Finally got around to working on my trash sling again.  I’ll be throwing with it tomorrow if I can, and then I will need to work on the video. Here’s a little preview/teaser.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, LightSlinger, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini)