Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
2021 predictions (Read 2143 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

2021 predictions
Nov 12th, 2020 at 8:41pm

I feel like this could be a really interesting thread. What are your predictions for what is coming? Major second wave of covid? If so how bad? Or nothing substantial? How about the vaccine do you feel it will be effective? Safe?

For you Yanks what say you? Up for more riots? Be honest how long does Biden stay upright before Kamala takes over? Is this Weekend at Bernies: White House Edition? Just saying, tough job, things happen.

Why am I asking this? Because 9 months ago none of us had a clue what we were in for. We were blissfully ignorant. I wonder if maybe we are at that same point again without knowing it? Some would suggest that anyways, although I really have no idea.

What do you think?

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: 2021 predictions
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 2:42am

January - Trump is dragged out of the White House and the video of him kicking and screaming gains millions of views. The memes are glorious.

February - Covid infections explode. Everyone was actually thinking it would have just "gone away" by now so have given up all precautions.

March - New interpretation of the Mayan calendar reveals there was a mistake in it's original reading. The end of the world is 2021 not 2012. Most people shrug and say "Figures".

April - Society starts breaking down because people are just sick of it. Sick of what specifically? Just sick of it. All of it.

The one after that - People aren't bothering to keep track of time because WHAT'S THE POINT!?

Later - Aliens show up. Renewed hope that their advanced technology will save us all. They're actually pretty disappointed. They'd been receiving radio waves and TV broadcasts and kind of expected us to be... better. Less desperate. They leave after a bit because "they have some stuff to be getting on with". They don't reply to any subsequent messages we send them.

After that - Probably volcanoes or something.

The End - Big old asteroid just as SARS-CoV-2 is declared extinct thanks to a massive global vaccination effort. Countries that put aside there differences for the greater good, that worked in cooperation and unity, watch as a rock the size of Algeria smashes into the Earth's mantle and utterly eviscerates the entire Earth.

Afterword - Turns out the crows survived and they become the dominant species.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 7:28am

Kick I'm not going to lie that was oddly and terrifyingly specific. I will accept the crows part because I feel like it's their turn for a shot at screwing up the planet. Why should the monkeys have all the fun.

Serious question though which of that if any of it is serious? I keep going back and forth between a very serious covid second wave and an overblown media hype wave. I could see both happening. I would be shocked if Biden makes it 4 years and really shocked if he makes it 8. I feel like we are almost certainly going to see the first black female president which would be cool.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 8:42am

2021: congress is perfectly divided and incapable of passing a law. Any laws they do pass get overturned by all of the judges Trump installed the last four years. People are effectively ruled by local governments. Peace and prosperity reign in freedom loving states like Texas while petty tyranny creeps further into people’s personal lives in New Jersey (Sorry Rat Man) and California (Sorry Iron Goober).

On the coasts, you will be arrested if you remove your Covid face masks to sleep.  You will have to plan and pack your daily meals inside the mask each morning, since removal of masks for eating purposes will be punishable by firing squad.  In Texas, a surplus of unused facemasks leads to a surge in the popularity of slinging grapefruit for sport as people tie paracord to those old useless masks and turn them into weapons...  the only weapons still allowed since Beto O’Rourke personally collected all of the AR-15s ( and Biden personally collected all the AR-16’s) by going door-to-door and asking really nicely for people to voluntarily give up their 2nd Amendment rights.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 10:10am

shouldn't there be an economical crisis far worse than the 2008? it's been 12 years already and they say it happens every 5-8years
will there be another war to drive the economy?
what will the new priests called scientists tell us to do to go to heaven?

more and more people hope and believe that one fell swoop will solve their problems, accepting one fell swoop solutions provided by sketchy people with power.

We should split slowly and peacefully like an amoeba or we will burst in parts we shouldn't, in a time we shouldn't.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 10:26am

Sarosh wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 10:10am:
shouldn't there be an economical crisis far worse than the 2008? it's been 12 years already and they say it happens every 5-8years
will there be another war to drive the economy?
what will the new priests called scientists tell us to do to go to heaven?

Let the record show that this committee formally acknowledges Sarosh’s sarcasm. All in favor say Aye. The ayes have it. Meeting adjourned.

So 2020, of all the years in recent memory, is not the year I would use to point out how unlikely things never happen. I accidentally walked into a bank the other day without a mask and got dirty looks. Let that sink in.

Time will tell though! So one sarcastic comment and two jokesters. This must be what it feels like to be on the other side of these threads.  Grin Suppose I deserve it.  Smiley

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 10:50am

The first 2 questions can be taken as literal worry.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 12:30pm

Morphy wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 10:26am:
So one sarcastic comment and two jokesters. This must be what it feels like to be on the other side of these threads.  Grin Suppose I deserve it.  Smiley

Hey! I resemble that! ...and yes, you absolutely deserve it Grin

As a general rule, the best prediction of the future is to assume no change from the present. That’s not a great prediction, just less bad than trying to guess how the changes will happen.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 7:44pm

Personally, I'm hoping that Trump refuses to leave, Biden calls in BLM and Antifa, all the militias rush to defend Trump. 

Then a much smaller asteroid hits DC.  One about the size of a house.  And completely levels the area.  Or better yet, makes a new, deep water port on the Atlantic coast.  And that there are no survivors. 

Once the politics are out of the picture, actual scientists find a vaccine and treatments for Covid.

And we all live happily ever after.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 7:52pm

@
Bill Skinner
Thumbs Up

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 6:33am

Jokes aside I can get behind the asteroid. I think the majority of Americans would agree a smoking crater would probably get more done for our country than what we have.

Kamala can have her chance though so long as she's aware there's a smaller asteroid with her name on it should she forget her place as a public servant.

My predictions for the upcoming year- A new house possibly buying if we find a little land at the right price. At least 5 very fancy slings. I have a certain craft I am working into incorporating into sling making and if I can make it work it will open up a lot of interesting possibilities.

No more school because $&@# school. Bow making will resume ideally with a poplar bow being one of the first. It's not yard sticks but I think it will be a good start.
The boys and at least one female firefighter down at the station all want me to make bows with them so that should be fun. And of course then there's the man cave.

Finally mushrooms will be hunted and bow staves collected. Looks like my year is filling up. I think it's going to be a good one.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 7:58am

I was being serious up until February. Although it will be the corvids that will take over after us...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 9:06am

I feel like it will get better. Regression to the mean.

Covid will drag on for a bit though.

IP Logged

TOMBELAINE
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

france
Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 12:00pm

Kick said :
Afterword - Turns out the crows survived and they become the dominant species.

But groups of slingers have gathered in caves. The story is just beginning....

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 1:18pm

Kick wrote on Nov 14th, 2020 at 7:58am:
Although it will be the corvids that will take over after us...

Ya I'm good with that.  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)