SITH 2020 (Read 23435 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: SITH 2020
Reply #60 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 6:56am

I'm not enterig this year, as I still owe mersa a sling from last year (not his fault - so he's definitely in this years draw) and joe a package from the year before and vetryan a mould.
Yeah, I suck, I know.

But I will be conducting the draw, from the only official slinging.org baseball cap outside of wyoming Smiley

and given that I've now got tripod mounts for my phones and ipad - I might even video it this year Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #61 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 10:12pm

Hey, if you can film that, you’ve got no excuses for the trash sling and pumpkin challenges either Wink

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Cervantes
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Houston TX
Reply #62 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 1:00am

When's the deadline? I can't wait to get paired up for the trade.
I'm adding some "ninja-balls" for training ammo. Just balloons filled with flour, I've not been able to pop one yet. They smash pretty flat though.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #63 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 4:25am

Deadline is 12/1. That when the drawing should be. Just a warning. Shipping heavy items. Its gonna cost $$$$. Especially if its  international.  I send a ton of slings cross country, and international.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #64 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 9:17am

It's been years since I've done this. Is there a deadline for shipping your finished sling? Because I am waiting for materials at the moment. Ordered them just not sure how fast they were shipped.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #65 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:05am

Morphy wrote on Nov 29th, 2020 at 9:17am:
It's been years since I've done this. Is there a deadline for shipping your finished sling? Because I am waiting for materials at the moment. Ordered them just not sure how fast they were shipped.

Nope. Just next year. Its usually hoped for. I am still waiting for last years.but that person isnt active any more. IMO People like that should be banned from joining. Since its not fair. But its agood thing i am not a mod.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #66 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:09am

Ahh ok good. Ya the whole not getting one sucks but it’s hard to parse out who is not sending it because of something extreme and who is just being lazy. Might be good to see if we have any volunteers who want to make two slings just in case someone doesn’t get one.

I’ll volunteer but it wont be nearly as fancy as the main one I am making for SITH.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #67 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:35am

There always seems to be someone ready to jump in and send a sling to anyone who hasn't received one.  NOC is definitely in that category.

With us just doing a regular pair up this year, it's also easy to get someone a new partner if there are multiple no-shows when it comes time to send out a sling.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #68 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:09pm

I will be happy to trade as many times as needed to fill the gaps. I haven’t decided if I want to go fancy and experimental for the cordage for SITH or if I will stick with the tried and true 425 paracord. I just ordered the die for my leather press, so everyone is getting a signature asymmetric leather pouch from me this year Smiley

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

CrazyBrave333
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Reply #69 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:55pm

I’m pretty excited about this- will start making it tonight I think!

As a vegan I’m hoping I get synthetic or natural fibre in the trade...

I’m happy to make an extra one or two in case anyone misses out too!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #70 - Nov 30th, 2020 at 12:10am

CrazyBrave333 wrote on Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:55pm:
I’m pretty excited about this- will start making it tonight I think!

As a vegan I’m hoping I get synthetic or natural fibre in the trade...

I’m happy to make an extra one or two in case anyone misses out too!

This is exactly why I haven’t started making my SITH sling yet.  If I draw your name CB, I have alternatives to leather I can use.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #71 - Nov 30th, 2020 at 7:17am

So for whoever gets mine I need to know a couple things.

1. Do you prefer finger loop or wrist loop?
2. What are you preferred color combos?
3. length of sling preferred? Max of 28" (because braiding is time consuming and potentially expensive lol.)
4. What type of ending? I usually do tabs and a tab will go with the sling very well. It will also be the fanciest way to end it but I can do bare cord. Can't do a knot because that wouldn't match the design but maybe can figure something else like it out
5. Some type of leather protection will be a must. That will make more sense when you get it. If this is a problem probably best to put me with another person.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #72 - Nov 30th, 2020 at 8:32am

Deadline to join is tonight. @Midnight  December 1st. Then CA should be doing the drawing tomorrow for pairs.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #73 - Nov 30th, 2020 at 6:13pm

Well CA has promised that my sith sling from last year is on the way so I guess you can count me in

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #74 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 6:48am

Now officially this is closed. Hopefully CA will see, and possibly do the drawing today or tomorrow at the latest and post the results.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Kick)