Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
USA sling hunting style? (Read 2528 times)
a

a

a
Re: USA sling hunting style?
Reply #15 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 4:42am

Kick wrote on Nov 12th, 2020 at 3:58am:
Palestinians, yeah but they use super long slings and helicopter

From the 2 videos I've seen, Palestinians don't actually aim.... so not very useful for hunting Wink

IP Logged

CrazyBrave333
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Reply #16 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 2:35pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 10:32pm:
Slyngorm wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 1:54pm:
In another of videos he says that they use this style in Israel

In the world of “tacticool,” if they do something in Israel, then it’s more “tactical” than the way you do it. Swinging a sling like nunchucks? That’s dumb. But “Israeli figure-eight”... that’s tactical! Kicking people in the crotch? cheap shot.  Kicking people in the crotch and calling it Krav Maga? Totally tactical... because Israel.

I honestly don’t think Israelis actually do half the stuff people say comes from Israel. It’s just a cheap way for someone to claim that something is more legitimate for self defense... even if it isn’t.

Very good points- except one- Kraft Maga is freaking awesome. There is no such thing as a “cheap shot” when it’s about safety and survival... I agree it’s a very ‘crotch heavy’ system- but if it works it works...

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #17 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 3:26pm

Not useful for hunting but I made a meteor hammer (i.e. a bolt at the end of a string) and used this method figuring it was good for keeping opponents at a distance while also enabling you to suddenly launch it at someone.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #18 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 3:57pm

You should see NooneOfConsequence's monkey fists. It's basically the same idea but far more aesthetically pleasing Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #19 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 6:27pm

One thing I did like about the video.  He gave very clear, concise instructions on how to quickly make a very functional paracord sling.  As far as the hunting thing, I agree with Jaegoor.

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #20 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 3:56am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 10:32pm:
tacticool

Isn't that some sort of cheap military gear?

Kick wrote on Nov 12th, 2020 at 3:57pm:
You should see NooneOfConsequence's monkey fists. It's basically the same idea but far more aesthetically pleasing Cheesy

Definitely will.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #21 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 4:14am

Slyngorm wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 3:56am:

It's anything that's designed to look "military" to people that have seen military things in films. It's pretty much always black (for... stealth I guess?) and almost always cheap and falls apart instantly.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #22 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 2:08pm

Kick wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 4:14am:

It's anything that's designed to look "military" to people that have seen military things in films. It's pretty much always black (for... stealth I guess?) and almost always cheap and falls apart instantly.

It’s not about something being cheap or not. I would define “tacticool” as anything that looks like it was designed for tactical use but where the appearance is more important than the function.  By that definition you can also have real tactical gear that people only buy to portray a certain image. Usually “tacticool” also implies that the person has no idea how to actually use the equipment.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #23 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 8:03pm

USA sling hunting style? No Shocked

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #24 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 6:10am

We already got stuck with American cheese I'm going to pass on that being our national style.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #25 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 7:47am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 2:08pm:
Kick wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 4:14am:

It’s not about something being cheap or not. I would define “tacticool” as anything that looks like it was designed for tactical use but where the appearance is more important than the function.  By that definition you can also have real tactical gear that people only buy to portray a certain image. Usually “tacticool” also implies that the person has no idea how to actually use the equipment.

That's a good point actually yeah. The number of "tacticool" knives that don't look like anyone could even hold them let alone use them.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #26 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 11:52pm

Morphy wrote on Nov 14th, 2020 at 6:10am:
We already got stuck with American cheese

What on earth is in that stuff anyway. We got a big bag last time the mother in law came from American Samoa. I tried to feed it to the dogs, but even they didn't want it.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #27 - Nov 16th, 2020 at 5:52am

a wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 11:52pm:
Morphy wrote on Nov 14th, 2020 at 6:10am:
We already got stuck with American cheese

What on earth is in that stuff anyway. We got a big bag last time the mother in law came from American Samoa. I tried to feed it to the dogs, but even they didn't want it.

Technically no one knows what it is. I suspect it's whatever recycling didn't make the it back into bottles or cans,  ground up and added to cheese flavoring. Just my guess though.

Your dogs are smart. Give me a good sharp Swiss any day.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Rat Man, Chris, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Curious Aardvark)