Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Poll closed Poll
Question: Who had the winning Pumpkin Challenge video?
*** This poll has now closed ***

Kick    
  2 (10.5%)
Jaegoor    
  2 (10.5%)
PracticalParacord    
  1 (5.3%)
NooneOfConsequence    
  5 (26.3%)
IronGoober    
  2 (10.5%)
joe_meadmaker    
  2 (10.5%)
Mersa    
  3 (15.8%)
Dawesome21    
  0 (0.0%)
A-city    
  0 (0.0%)
AlbionSlinger    
  2 (10.5%)

Total votes: 19
« Created by: IronGoober on: Nov 1st, 2020 at 10:13pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Pumpkin Challenge! Vote for the winner (Read 5710 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Pumpkin Challenge! Vote for the winner
Reply #45 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 12:09am

Hey thanks everyone! 
Everyone did a great job, and I hope we continue to see increasing levels of involvement in these challenges. This was my first pumpkin challenge, and I should have tried it years ago! 

@IG, this prize will be put to good use right away.  I’m sure it will make an appearance in future challenges too Smiley

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #46 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 2:03am

Congratulations Nooc!!
You had my vote from the first time I saw your video.
Great job !!!
I also received the face mask and I’ll make sure it features in videos soon.

To everyone else who participated whether it was competing or just voting. Thanks!!!
What a great challenge it was this year!!
Next SITH
Then EASTER

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #47 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 4:45am

Well done all but especially NooC. You've set the bar high going forward. Looking forward to more challenges. In still working on the Trash Sling challenge but hopefully will film me throwing it tomorrow or Friday.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #48 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 8:45am

Great job NOC!  Congrats! Very well deserved.  Thumbs Up

Awesome challenge everyone!  Can't wait for the next one.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #49 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 9:49am

Nice!! Well deserved too. All the videos were fun to watch really. This is a great Halloween tradition.  Wink

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #50 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 12:22pm

Morphy wrote on Dec 2nd, 2020 at 9:49am:
Nice!! Well deserved too. All the videos were fun to watch really. This is a great Halloween tradition.  Wink

My 6 year old thinks so too!  He is going to grow up thinking these things are perfectly normal.  That's just the way it is: After you carve the pumpkin... you're supposed to smash it to bits Smiley

It's definitely going to be a tradition in my household!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #51 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 5:43pm

Christmas came early!  Danger Goods sling target unboxing video will be posted shortly.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #52 - Dec 6th, 2020 at 1:04pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Dec 5th, 2020 at 5:43pm:
Christmas came early!  Danger Goods sling target unboxing video will be posted shortly.

Suh-weeeet!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #53 - Dec 7th, 2020 at 5:49pm

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #54 - Dec 7th, 2020 at 9:03pm

Awesome!  Once familiar with it, what do you think the setup and takedown times are for the target?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #55 - Dec 7th, 2020 at 9:59pm

5 mins is a pretty good estimate. It’s just like a standard 2-pole tent... in fact I am 95% sure that they made the target from a open-faced beach shade tent design with some small modifications.

Takedown is maybe 2 mins (edit... ok probably 5 mins to roll up and pack it back in the bag nicely), but you do need to sweep out the floor area before you pack it up.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2020 at 11:35pm by NooneOfConsequence »  

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #56 - Dec 7th, 2020 at 10:49pm

Nice!

I hope it holds up. A similar one I had (see below) didn't have the target backstop and I punched some holes in it near the fiberglass poles pretty quickly.  Hopefully the backstop helps with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjsbSQm1bpo

John R.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Kick, Rat Man, Chris, joe_meadmaker)